Adding/removing channels/ theme packs via our online account &/or My Shaw App

CoffeeLover
Grasshopper

Why can't we have the option of doing that ourselves by going into our accounts without having to wait for ages to connect with an agent either online or via phone or Twitter or Messenger.....at least that way we won't have to wait around to connect with someone to do it .......because I've been waiting for ages now to connect with an agent & still haven't got a hold of someone.....maybe we should get a discount for the long wait times to connect with an agent lol

Labels (1)
22 Replies

I appreciate your feedback to have that feature available...

shaw-tony

@CoffeeLover I appreciate your feedback to have that feature available and will certainly pass it along. I am sorry for the long waits as we are working on connecting with everyone as quickly as possible. Thank you again for your patience.

0 Kudos

Any update on this? I am running into the same problem. T...

mross933
Grasshopper

Any update on this? I am running into the same problem. Twice I waited for 45 mins on the support chat, then got a message that the conversation was disconnected by an agent. Tried calling but was on hold for over 30 minutes and was not able to wait any longer. Now I try again to call and the offices are closed. I just want to swap out one channel for another. Shouldn't be this complicated. 

You can add and remove channels on the My Shaw app.

rstra
Grand Master

I would like to be able to delete channels as well as add...

Ireland1
Grasshopper

I would like to be able to delete channels as well as add, would save Shaw Direct and myself a lot of time

-- the contribution just above yours in this thread reads...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Ireland1 -- the contribution just above yours in this thread reads:

‎2020-11-02 06:32 PM

0 Kudos

You CANNOT add and remove channels on the My Shaw app.  T...

HES1
Grasshopper

You CANNOT add and remove channels on the My Shaw app.  That statement is a gross exaggeration at best. You can "Chat" and then request it after waiting, but absolutely CANNOT do it directly through the app.  This has been a request for years.  There is only one reason Shaw won't add this simple feature - they are hoping that people don't bother and continue to pay for channels they no longer want.  Pathetic!!!

Hi  ,  Yes, You CAN add channels on the Shaw Website My A...

g-idk
Master

Hi @HES1 ,  Yes, You CAN add channels on the Shaw Website My Account.  I just added Adult Swim as a pick and pay through that option with no problems whatsoever and it was available within 2 hrs.  You might be correct about removing channels or theme packs though because I don't remember seeing that option.  It sucks on our end but I can totally understand why Shaw would do that, of course they would want an opportunity to talk you out of it, or see if they can offer you something in return.  Anyways have a great day and Stay Safe out there.   

0 Kudos

Brother it's all a scam. They think that you are not comp...

Hater8
Grasshopper

Brother it's all a scam. They think that you are not competent enough to customize your own package. You can upgrade your package through the website, yes, it takes like 3 days or more for it to be processed. But you are NOT allowed and NOT ABLE to downgrade anything on the site. It is an absolute scam, they force you to go through extreme wait times to DOWNGRADE / REMOVE channels from your OWN package or if you want to cancel. It's disgusting. Cancel while you can 

EXACTLY. it's disgusting!!!!

Hater8
Grasshopper

EXACTLY. it's disgusting!!!!

TALK TO US
We're here to help