Can't access Blue Curve TV via the internet - down for over a week.

fllmntljckt
Grasshopper

Can't access Blue Curve TV via the web - error msg "An unexpected error occurred. Please try again."

Have been unable to access Blue Curve TV via the internet for over a week. When I try to login, it gives out an error message at the "https://signin.shaw.ca/as/NBS5H/resume/as/authorization.ping" webpage, - "An unexpected error occurred. Please try again.". I have contacted Shaw Live Chat twice and they're clueless. They have no idea why it's down, but they say they are aware of the problem. They also have no idea when it will be fixed. Anyone else having this problem? I use it as a backup when my satellite access is blocked by bad weather.

Labels (1)
27 Replies

Same problem here.  Two out of three PC's in the house ha...

Coach99
Grasshopper

Same problem here.  Two out of three PC's in the house have that error, the third one works.  I have tried Chrome, Firefox, and Edge with the same error.  I have cleared the cache and cookies for all of the Shaw and Bluecurve sites, restarted the computer, gone to the Shaw site and removed most of the registered devices, all to no avail.  Does Shaw support monitor these discussion groups?

0 Kudos

Same here on different browsers, no go. The 3rd one works...

fllmntljckt
Grasshopper

Same here on different browsers, no go. The 3rd one works? Is it W10 with all available updates? Now I'm wondering if it's Mocrosoft has screwed something up in their September updates? I don't think Shaw monitors these discussions or we'd have heard back by now. Maybe.

I have no satellite signal after returning from a two day...

MWTV
Grasshopper

I have no satellite signal after returning from a two day vacation and I'm getting the same Bluecurve error. They said it's a browser issue but it's all browsers and they haven't fixed it yet. Why am I paying for this???

Sorry to hear about the issue to access the BlueCurve TV...

shaw-daniel

@fllmntljckt Sorry to hear about the issue to access the BlueCurve TV app. Please reach out to Shaw Direct live chat at https://bit.ly/3maKsZ4 or call the customer support number at 1-888-554-7827. They can help collect more examples for escalating the issue to the backend support.

0 Kudos

Please see our response to fllmntljckt below.

shaw-daniel

@MWTV Please see our response to fllmntljckt below.

0 Kudos

I spent a half hour with online support last night and th...

MWTV
Grasshopper

I spent a half hour with online support last night and they said it's a browser issue which they are "working on". I called support on Monday regarding "receiver has lost satellite signal", was on the phone for a half hour with a guy in Belize, he couldn't resolve it and the first available tech is next Monday. That's a week without service and no Bluecurve backup. Unacceptable service levels!

Hello shaw-daniel, I have tried them twice in the last fe...

fllmntljckt
Grasshopper

Hello shaw-daniel, I have tried them twice in the last few days, and neither customer service agent was able to help. The first contact was on October 9, the agent was David WV3E. He said they were aware of the problem, but he had no ETA for resolution. The 2nd one, Justin W0JD on October 11, basically told me, "sorry, there's nothing we can do for you". This is an unacceptable answer to an ongoing customer problem. I have DM'd your Shaw Direct twitter account with my personal info, as requested by whoever monitors it. I am also not the only customer experiencing this problem. I would rather not waste any more of my time and your limited  resources, after 2 prior failed Live Chat sessions that resolved nothing.

0 Kudos

I am trying to get Live Chat now. Waiting for an agent.

fllmntljckt
Grasshopper

I am trying to get Live Chat now. Waiting for an agent.

0 Kudos

I had Jared W0JI on the live chat, but then the top of th...

fllmntljckt
Grasshopper

I had Jared W0JI on the live chat, but then the top of the window said "connection unavailable".  I believe I have lost chat access.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help