Jump to solution

CTV Vancouver in SD

rstra
Grand Master

Does anyone else have CTV Vancouver showing only in standard definition? 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jump to solution

The issue was finally resolved, it was a problem with the...

rstra
Grand Master

The issue was finally resolved, it was a problem with the video feed. Luckily, I was able to move the problem up the ladder. 

Dealing with front line support was very frustrating; “you are on the wrong channel” “there is a problem with your TV” “the show you are watching isn’t currently broadcast in HD.” My plan doesn’t have CTV standard def channel, all three of my TVs and the four at the gym down the road all experiencing the same issue, etc, etc. 

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Jump to solution

CTV Vancouver is coming thru in HD for me, Burnaby here....

g-idk
Master

CTV Vancouver is coming thru in HD for me, Burnaby here. I'm not on Blue Curve if that makes a difference.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Thanks, it must be just a BlueCurve problem.

rstra
Grand Master

@g-idk  Thanks, it must be just a BlueCurve problem.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

On a sidenote.  CIVT does not provide a SD signal anymore...

michaelstein
Grasshopper

On a sidenote.  CIVT does not provide a SD signal anymore. There is only a 1080i signal.

Shaw down converts the 1080i signal to 480i for some of their hardware (DCX 3400 on Channel 9-Vancouver Area etc.. the 1080i HD version is on Channel 210)

Most of their newer equipment does not have the 480i version, only the 1080i

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

At the gym today, I tuned to CTV and it was also in low r...

rstra
Grand Master

@michaelstein  At the gym today, I tuned to CTV and it was also in low resolution on their HDGuide boxes, it must be a head end issue in my town. I passed this along but the video ops want my box swapped out, so at least I will be able to show a service technician what is going on. 

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

This is what I am seeing (don’t judge me 😀)

rstra
Grand Master

6ED14B49-6CB2-490B-A232-D4517036E379.jpeg

This is what I am seeing (don’t judge me 😀)

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

The issue was finally resolved, it was a problem with the...

rstra
Grand Master

The issue was finally resolved, it was a problem with the video feed. Luckily, I was able to move the problem up the ladder. 

Dealing with front line support was very frustrating; “you are on the wrong channel” “there is a problem with your TV” “the show you are watching isn’t currently broadcast in HD.” My plan doesn’t have CTV standard def channel, all three of my TVs and the four at the gym down the road all experiencing the same issue, etc, etc. 

TALK TO US
We're here to help