Ignite Remote vs Sony Android TV Remote

tonynahon
Grasshopper

Hello Everyone: I have just received and installed the Ignite Entertainment Box, and everything seems to be working OK. I have a Sony Android TV and with the previous Arris box I was able to use the remote that came with the Sony TV to control everything - Shaw TV Channels, Sound and also the Android Menu with all the streaming apps (e.g. Netflix, YouTube, etc). With Ignite it looks like I need 2 remotes - the one that came with the new box to access the Shaw TV channels, and the Sony TV remote to control the Android functionality.

Is it possible to combine both operations into either of these remotes, or failing this, is there a Universal remote that handles all functions?

Thanks. . .

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

I have a Sony android tv as well. I don’t have ignite tv...

Viperdiablo
Grasshopper

I have a Sony android tv as well. I don’t have ignite tv but I do have the ignite stream box. When I setup the Sony remote to control the ignite box I select xfiniity as the provider and select xione as the model number .  Hope that helps.

Hello ViperDiablo: Thanks for your comments - I will look...

tonynahon
Grasshopper

Hello ViperDiablo: Thanks for your comments - I will look into that and see if it applies to my situation.

Cheers. . .

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help