Jump to solution

Ignite TV App adds all subscribed channels

Zeph
Grasshopper

It's been confirmed via my chat with tech support, that for Shaw/Rogers customers who have Ignite TV that you can now view all of your subscribed channels via the Ignite TV App.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jump to solution

I just noticed that you need to be connected to your home...

rstra
Grand Master

@Zeph  I just noticed that you need to be connected to your home internet to get all of the channels, we are still limited to the “out of home channels” when we are away. I can still use my FireTV for recordings when I am travelling, but unfortunately we still don’t  have access to all channels. 

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Jump to solution

That’s great. Now if they would let us set recording, I c...

rstra
Grand Master

@Zeph That’s great. Now if they would let us set recording, I could get rid of the boxes and just use my FireTV sticks.  Thanks for the update. 

Jump to solution

Just checked, all channels aren’t available on the FireTV...

rstra
Grand Master

@Zeph  Just checked, all channels aren’t available on the FireTV, hopefully it gets updated soon.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Correction again…I signed out and signed back in and all...

rstra
Grand Master

@Zeph Correction again…I signed out and signed back in and all the channels show up now on the fire stick.

Jump to solution

I just noticed that you need to be connected to your home...

rstra
Grand Master

@Zeph  I just noticed that you need to be connected to your home internet to get all of the channels, we are still limited to the “out of home channels” when we are away. I can still use my FireTV for recordings when I am travelling, but unfortunately we still don’t  have access to all channels. 

Jump to solution

You're correct, and I was not aware of that. I just tried...

Zeph
Grasshopper

@rstra You're correct, and I was not aware of that. I just tried to view some channels from another connection and was unsuccessful. If you scroll down, you'll see the channels that are available to watch from any connection listed as 'To Go' channels, but when trying to view a channel that isn't 'To Go', it mentions to connect to in-home WiFi, and if you click on 'Why?' it reads 'Due to licensing agreements, some content can only be viewed on your home WiFi.', to which I was not aware about. That's unfortunate, as I assumed that all subscribed channels were available to watch online.

TALK TO US
We're here to help