Jump to solution

IpCoam - What is this?

pat-carm
Grasshopper

In my list of authorized devices streaming BluCurve TV there is a device entitled IpCoam device - c9bae .  Last week I noticed I had about 9 of these and engaged in a chat with a Shaw Rep who asked if I had home security cameras.  I do not.  I was advised to delete them all.  Now, a week later I have another appear.   I'm beginning to think someone or something has access a TV device in my home and is trying to access it's camera.   Anyone else see this?

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jump to solution

those are just the BlueCurve TV app login tokens for Blue...

shaw-tony

@pat-carm @tamal25 @Junio @rstra those are just the BlueCurve TV app login tokens for BlueCurve TV access. They are backend files and has nothing to do with any IP Cameras. I'll touch base with our admin team as it's odd for those to show up. I'm sorry for any confusion this may have caused.

View solution in original post

67 Replies
Jump to solution

Yes I noticed this too. I deleted the devices and will mo...

Junio
Grasshopper

Yes I noticed this too. I deleted the devices and will monitor. It would be nice to know what they are.

Jump to solution

I believe those are just your BlueCurve devices, do you h...

rstra
Grand Master

@pat-carm I believe those are just your BlueCurve devices, do you have any Pace boxes?

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

I have three TV's connected to BlueCurve devices.  The ma...

pat-carm
Grasshopper

I have three TV's connected to BlueCurve devices.  The main one and two others.....are THOSE two the Pace boxes?   Also, I have streamed on my iPad through the bluecurve app.....would this be causing the iPcoam files to populate?

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

The other boxes are likely the Pace boxes and I think the...

rstra
Grand Master

The other boxes are likely the Pace boxes and I think they are related to the IpCoam. Your iPad will also show but will display it’s friendly name, the My Shaw app will show all the devices. 

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

I have them too. I deleted them. I also found some weird...

tamal25
Grasshopper

I have them too. I deleted them. I also found some weird foreign names on my list which I deleted. I am the only one in my family who manages and access the My Shaw so it wasn't any of my family members adding these "devices". I am a former Shaw employee and I find it very troubling that these "devices" are popping up on my "TV" section. I really hope it's not employees taking advantage of customer's accounts. Shaw, do something about this.

Jump to solution

those are just the BlueCurve TV app login tokens for Blue...

shaw-tony

@pat-carm @tamal25 @Junio @rstra those are just the BlueCurve TV app login tokens for BlueCurve TV access. They are backend files and has nothing to do with any IP Cameras. I'll touch base with our admin team as it's odd for those to show up. I'm sorry for any confusion this may have caused.

Jump to solution

I'm seeing them as well.  - did you confirm with the admi...

redehm
Grasshopper

I'm seeing them as well. @shaw-tony - did you confirm with the admin team that these can be safely ignored?

Jump to solution

Seems like I'm getting these every time I log into BlueCurve

Troyl
Grasshopper

Seems like I'm getting these every time I log into BlueCurve

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Yes, they can safely be ignored.

shaw-tony

@redehm Yes, they can safely be ignored.

TALK TO US
We're here to help