Jump to solution

Powering off the BlueCurve TV Player | Wireless 4K (Xi6)

rikleyb1127
Grasshopper

I have the above TV Player. It won't shut off when I press the "all Power Button". I have to go through the settings-power options to shut it down. Is there a way to correct the unit so the All Power Button will work?

Thanks

Steve

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jump to solution

The only thing you can do is go to setting and turn on au...

rickatk
Master

@srglassw wrote:

Can't answer your question but I have one Xi6 that won't respond to the All power button and one that will shutdown. Go figure...

The only thing you can do is go to setting and turn on automatic power down. This occurs after a prescribed time of inactivity. There is no on-off button.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Jump to solution

Is it similar to my desktop computer, where one "tap" of...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

Is it similar to my desktop computer, where one "tap" of the power button awakes it from sleep, and one solid "push" of the button tells Windows to start a normal shutdown, and a "press-and-hold-for-a-few-seconds" forces an immediate power-off ? Maybe?

Jump to solution

Can't answer your question but I have one Xi6 that won't...

srglassw
Grasshopper

Can't answer your question but I have one Xi6 that won't respond to the All power button and one that will shutdown. Go figure...

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

The only thing you can do is go to setting and turn on au...

rickatk
Master

@srglassw wrote:

The only thing you can do is go to setting and turn on automatic power down. This occurs after a prescribed time of inactivity. There is no on-off button.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Did you ever figure this out? I have the same problem. On...

jaydee77ca
Grasshopper

Did you ever figure this out? I have the same problem. One of the portals turns off when I push the power button but the other one doesn't. The remote works for all the other functions but it won't turn off. 

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

No, this issue has not been resolved. Just one of the lit...

srglassw
Grasshopper

No, this issue has not been resolved. Just one of the little mysteries with Bluecurve TV that even Shaw doesn't appear to understand I suppose.

Jump to solution

I realize this is an old thread, but I just got my BlueCu...

JC13
Grasshopper

I realize this is an old thread, but I just got my BlueCurve set up yesterday and have this exact problem.  I hate wasting power and bandwidth.  I have seen on other threads about this box that the “all power” button doesn’t actually work— which is ridiculous.  If you turn on the “Power saving” option under devices, it shuts down but not for four hours which seems ridiculous.  I wish power off meant power off…

Jump to solution

Same issue here

Igi
Grasshopper

Same issue here 

Jump to solution

Use voice command on remote and say “SLEEP NOW”

Tom_P
Grasshopper

Use voice command on remote and say “SLEEP NOW”

Jump to solution

A year and half later I speak! I just hooked my BlueCurve...

MeCraig
Grasshopper

A year and half later I speak! I just hooked my BlueCurve TV Player xg1v4 a little while and feel the same way. That white light stays on for 4 hours. [Or so - I've never timed it exactly] I find it annoying. It's like leaving the bathroom fan on for 4 hours. It's silly. The 'all power' button turns off the TV if you push it twice but doesn't seem to make any difference. I hope Shaw will find a way to cut that 'on time' down to 30 minutes or less. Or better yet.... as soon as the TV is turned off. 

TALK TO US
We're here to help