Shaw TV app stutters to a stop about every seventeen minutes on our chromecast

perfessor101
Grasshopper

Hello, 

our Shaw TV app stutters to a stop about every seventeen minutes on our chromecasts in either room.  
trying to decide how to diagnose just where it’s getting jammed up. 
trying to decide if it’s just the Shaw app because no other streaming services seem to have the same issue. 

loads on the routers memory and connections are all under 20%. 

we want to be able to watch episodes over 17 minutes in length without restarting the casting each time

thanks for your time and help,

Bobby

Labels (2)
5 Replies

Have you found a solution? I’m also currently experiencin...

kleinfamily
Grasshopper

Have you found a solution? I’m also currently experiencing the exact same thing. 

0 Kudos

I switched to the CTV app I guess it plays more directly...

perfessor101
Grasshopper

I switched to the CTV app I guess it plays more directly from the source. The Shaw app still stutters the CTV app plays smoothly. . Depending on the media service you’re using use that app instead?. 

0 Kudos

I gave up on casting because it has been really flakey, a...

rstra
Grand Master

@kleinfamily 

I gave up on casting because it has been really flakey, and went with the FireTV. The app runs really well on that platform and I can unplug the stick and take it with me when taking trips.

0 Kudos

The Shaw tv app goes and fetches content from a third par...

perfessor101
Grasshopper

The Shaw tv app goes and fetches content from a third party. 
Any app pulling from the source will do better. 
roku tv’s, fire tv’s etc if using an app pulling from the source will do better. 
chromecast works great when using the most direct source. 
shaw tv app tries to recast the material from the original source (CTV for example) and looses the ability to adjust the stream based on conditions  

sadly this means casting from the channels app directly and having to download and login to each stations app separately  

0 Kudos

CTV, for example distributed by Bell, so every provider g...

rstra
Grand Master

CTV, for example distributed by Bell, so every provider gets their feed directly from them. I have never had issues with any channels when using the app, just when I would cast. 

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help