Creating a primary Shaw ID
To create a Primary Shaw ID
- Visit https://register.shaw.ca.
- Enter an email address and choose a password for your Shaw ID, then click Create Shaw ID.
If your Email Address is registered to your Shaw Account number, go to step 4.
Password requirements: Minimum 8 characters, a number, an uppercase, and a lowercase character.
- Enter your Account Number and Postal Code found in your order summary, 2yr Value Plan Agreement or on your monthly bill, then click Create your Shaw ID.
- You should have received an email to activate your Shaw ID.
- Open your email from email@example.com and click Activate Now. The link will be valid for 48 hours.
You will see a screen saying, ‘Your Shaw ID is now active’ .You now have the option to manage your Fibre+ Gateway network (via Shaw Home app on mobile devices), or to continue to My Shaw (via desktop or mobile) to manage your account.
Please check How to link and manage multiple accounts if:
- You are getting an error stating you already have a Shaw ID associated with this email address or
- You are trying to add your new account on an existing Shaw ID.
Create a secondary Shaw ID
Secondary Shaw IDs can only access content. They cannot manage account or network information nor access the BlueCurve Home app. To invite someone to create a Shaw ID on your Shaw account, follow the steps below:
Via My Shaw website:
- Visit my.shaw.ca.
- Sign in using your Shaw ID and password.
- Click My Profile and scroll down to My Shaw IDs.
- Click Add Shaw ID.
- Enter a name and email address to send the invitation to create a Shaw ID on your account.
You can also invite someone using the My Shaw mobile app (Apple App Store | Google Play Store).
Via My Shaw mobile app:
- Open the My Shaw app.
- Tap the more icon:
- Tap Invite.
- Enter the name an email address of the person you want to invite.
- Tap Invite to send the invitation to create a Shaw ID on your account.
Shaw ID invitation links are valid for 48 hours.