I am hoping for a new service provider right now. So now...

patrick00000
Grasshopper

I am hoping for a new service provider right now. So now we learn how ROGERS is going to pay for shaw and how they do business. I heard loud and clear Rogers telling the CRTC they would not take advantage of their position in the market and start acting like a monopoly and rating price increase down our throats. Canadians already pay in the top 5% of people globally for internet, cable and call service, this is a real slap in the face. 

Mine has gone up $30.85/month, on a two year plan, then I...

kopinsky
Grasshopper

Mine has gone up $30.85/month, on a two year plan, then I read it's going up again in September...now looking into other options. I've been a customer of Shaw for +30 years and I've never had an increase on a two year plan, I've budgeted for this and now I can't pay it.

$7 for the first box, and $12 for the next ones after...m...

kopinsky
Grasshopper

$7 for the first box, and $12 for the next ones after...money grab

Yes, I agree, scumbags, now I have to look for another ca...

kopinsky
Grasshopper

Yes, I agree, scumbags, now I have to look for another carrier for the services as we have 6 tv's in the house and so it's an extra $30.85 a month on them, with the two-year contract that I would have to get another company to buy out...although TELUS said they would buy it out...time to switch after being a +30 year customer...

Get FireTV sticks and use the app, that is what I am doin...

rstra
Grand Master

@kopinsky  Get FireTV sticks and use the app, that is what I am doing on one of my TVs. I actually like them better, I don’t watch live TV, just recordings, and the FireTV app is much faster at skipping. 

Telus is a little cheaper for extra boxes, but they still charge.

A $10/month rental fee will apply for each TELUS TV Digital Box in your home. Customers on a two-year service agreement will receive one TELUS TV Digital Box rental at no charge for the duration of the service agreement”

We are on a two year value plan with shaw/rogers. For at...

ov3636
Grasshopper

We are on a two year value plan with shaw/rogers. For at least 10 years we have had two rental tv boxes, which were always included in the two year contracts. Today / sept. 2024,  16 months into our "24 month value plan CONTRACT"our bill is increasing for rental payment of 2nd rental tv. box.                                                As that 2 rental boxes are already included in our CONTRACT/Agreement, we are in realistically paying for three boxes. shaw rogers agent kept referring to paragraph 10 of the agreement which is total B.S., to justify their price grab/ripping off practices. No more value plans/Agreements with these people.

And here I was thinking I signed up on a 2 year contract...

Roy22
Grasshopper

And here I was thinking I signed up on a 2 year contract that was binding on both sides. So Rodgers can use the old « fine print » rule to screw their loyal customers. Trust me, Rodgers, once my contract is over, I won’t be so loyal myself. And please, don’t come crawling back with a new full-proof contract because now I know that that piece of paper belongs in the bathroom waiting to be flushed down the toilet. 

Just got my bill, my $5 second rental just went up by $7...

rstra
Grand Master

Just got my bill, my $5 second rental just went up by $7 a month, for a total of $12 per month. I will be returning this box, there is no way I am going to pay $144 plus tax a year for something that would have a retail value of about 50 bucks.

I was thinking about using it as my travelling box, since you can connect it to any internet connection and it will work, but the FireTV is paid for and works good enough.

, yup that's just not right, totally agree with you, I wi...

g-idk
Master

@rstra , yup that's just not right, totally agree with you, I will still have to wait another whole month to see what they will try to charge me for the extra box, I know it's supposed to be $7.00 but god knows with them, I'll be returning mine either way after this month.  

I am old enough to remember the BC Tel days when you had...

rstra
Grand Master

@g-idk I am old enough to remember the BC Tel days when you had to rent a phone, you couldn’t buy them and some people paid a couple bucks a month for decades, even after they changed the rules to allow people to buy their own phones.