Landline phone does not ring on incoming calls.

Kelnav
Grasshopper

This is a frustrating issue, the second time I've had it.

I can make outgoing calls, and the voicemail appears to work on all number - maybe because I don't know who is calling.

I can receive OCCASIONAL calls, from people who have called in the past.

Otherwise no calls come through, the phone does not ring.

"Support" is useless, just like Shaw in general in 2024.

Any other  users with the same issue?

I have reset the system a billion times.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

-- have you set the volume on your telephone handset's "r...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Kelnav -- have you set the volume on your telephone handset's "ringer" to be zero ("muted") ?  If so, incoming calls will go to voice-mail (either on your telephone base-unit or electronically to your telephone-supplier's system. Use your cell-phone to call your land-line, to see if the handset lights-up (instead of ringing).

Do you have an all-in-one printer that is configured to receive FAX communications on the incoming line?  It might be "answering" the incoming-call before you hear the handset's ringer.

If you have more than one telephone, be sure that all of them are "on-hook", so that the caller does not get a "busy" signal.

a billion times

1 billion seconds is over 30 million minutes.

30 million minutes is 500 thousand hours.

500 thousand hours is about 20 thousand days.

20 thousand days is about 666 months.

666 months is over 30 years.

This assumes that you can "reset" once per second, and that your equipment still works, after 30 years of constant usage.

0 Kudos

Thanks for the suggestions, however the solution was diff...

Kelnav
Grasshopper

Thanks for the suggestions, however the solution was different: Shaw's spam filter was filtering everything. Turned that off and it works. Go figure.