How to delete emails manually
To delete emails from Webmail:
- Go to https://webmail.shaw.ca
- Log in to Webmail with your username and password.
- In your email inbox, choose the message that you would like to delete and do one of the following:
- Click the email and click Delete in the the menu bar.
- Right-click the email and select Delete from the options menu
- Select the checkboxes beside multiple emails and click Delete in the menu bar.
Deleting emails moves them to your Trash folder. To permanently delete these emails, right-click the Trash folder and select Empty Trash.
Note: If you have subscribed to various newsletters, your email inbox may fill up quickly. To help clean up your inbox, you could unsubscribe to these newsletters by opening one of the emails, scrolling to the bottom, and clicking on the "unsubscribe" link.
How to delete emails automatically
You can set up a filter to automatically delete or sort messages from a specific sender. This is done through Preferences > Filters > Create Filter.
For more details, read About: Shaw Webmail's email filters and spam settings.
You can configure your email client to delete messages from the server after you download them. To ensure that you delete email from both your regular email and your web-based email (Webmail) you will need to properly sync your email and leverage the proper email server settings. Either ActiveSync or IMAP server settings can be used to sync email.
Using the POP3 email client will allow you to automatically delete emails from the server. Read: Which email setup method is right for me.