Having second thoughts about deleting emails? Good news! If you delete an email and empty the trash in Webmail you can recover it through the recover deleted email function. When you empty the Trash folder the message won't be permanently deleted for 7 days. Until those 7 days are up, you can recover any email you've deleted by mistake.
Note: When you delete a message, it is moved to the Trash folder. Before you empty the trash folder, you can recover files from the Trash by dragging and dropping them into another folder
Recovering deleted emails
Follow these steps to recover deleted emails in Shaw Webmail. (Remember this function will only work if you have not emptied your Trash folder and if the 'deleted' email was deleted within the past 7 days).
- Go to webmail.shaw.ca
- Log in using your email and password.
- Right-click on your Trash folder and select Recover Deleted Items.
- Select the email that you want to recover, then click Recover To.
- You can also hold down Ctrl on the keyboard while selecting to allow multiple emails to recover.
- Search for, choose, or create a folder you want to move the email to (eg. inbox).
- Click OK. The email will move from Empty Trash to the folder you specified.
How to move emails from Trash
If you have just deleted an email and it's now in the Trash folder, we can move it out of the Trash and back to a folder that you prefer.
- Select the Trash folder.
- Drag and drop the email to any preferred folder.
- Additionally, you can check the boxes to the left of the From field to choose multiple messages to move from Trash to the preferred folder.