Blue Curve with pods. Turn off 5G

saundcp
Grasshopper

Can anyone help? I need to separate or turn off my 5G temporarily. I have purchased some wifi controlled LED lights that only work on 2.4G. I need my smart phone to be on the same 2.4G network. With the new Blue Curve with PODS there is no option to prevent band steering as the advanced settings have been removed. Shaw help page says this:

“Why am I no longer able to view/change some advanced settings?
If you don't see the 2.4 and 5 GHz WiFi settings (WiFi Mode, Channel Selection, and Channel Mode) in Advanced Settings, this means these settings are now being managed automatically to help optimize your home network and provide the best performance possible. Additionally, if you have BlueCurve Pods, you won't see your 2.4 and 5 GHz WiFi networks listed separately.“

So I am requesting that this option be changed in settings. I only need to do this on a temporary basis whilst I set up my devices then I can switch it back band steering again. Please help. Thanks. 

Labels (2)
2 Replies

-- as previously discussed on this forum, "separate" the...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@saundcp -- as previously discussed on this forum, "separate" the two networks, by creating different SSIDs for 2.4 and 5 networks, and then connect your 2.4-only devices to the SSID for the 2.4 network.

0 Kudos

Hey Saundcp, You can turn off the 5Ghz network using the...

guchsingh
Grasshopper

Hey Saundcp,

You can turn off the 5Ghz network using the Admin GUI. Log in at http://10.0.01. The default username is "admin" and password is "password". It'll ask you to change it for first time log in. 

Then go to Connection, WiFi and edit the 5Ghz band. From there you'll be able to disable it. 
I would also unplug your Pod while you onboard the smart light bulb. 
Once you're done, turn it back in the admin GUI and plug your Pod back in. 
It might a while after for the devices to steer back over to 5Ghz for those that are capable. 

Hope that helps. 

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help