Can you change your device’s connection point with Blue Curve?

mikeer
Grasshopper

I’m sitting 5ft from the main gateway yet my iPhone is connected via a pod that is downstairs. I was expecting the device to switch automatically and I can’t see a way of doing it via the app. Do i really have to turn my wifi off&on to get it to switch to the gateway?

Labels (1)
8 Replies

Re: Can you change your device’s connection point with Blue Curve?

shaw-tony

Hey mikeer, the connection is based on the source that will give you the best signal connection within the mesh network. If you recently installed the Pods, there is a period of time where they adjust/learn the environment.

0 Kudos

I have this same error. Even though it’s past it’s few da...

JamesMcJoulie
Grasshopper

I have this same error. Even though it’s past it’s few day set up (by a substantial 12 months) it still stays connected to my bedroom pod with which my video calls cut out, and I can never seem to switch it away. Any advice?

0 Kudos

depending on where you are, your device will find the str...

shaw-tony

@JamesMcJoulie depending on where you are, your device will find the strongest connection to connect to. My suggestion is to potentially move the bedroom pod if you are looking to connect to the Gateway.

0 Kudos

I got the same problem with you. I wanted to change my co...

TERLO
Grasshopper

I got the same problem with you. I wanted to change my connection to the pods that is close to my room, but for dumb reason. It's automatically went for Gateway that is like down stair entertain room. While my room is like away from it. Like why can't we choose our connection manually? 

0 Kudos

-- it still stays connected to my bedroom pod with which...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@JamesMcJoulie -- it still stays connected to my bedroom pod with which my video calls cut out, and I can never seem to switch it away. Any advice?

If you power-off the bedroom pod, then to what device does your device connect, when your device is adjacent to the BlueCurve?

If you then power-on the bedroom pod, while leaving your device adjacent to the BlueCurve, does your device disconnect from the BlueCurve, and connect to the bedroom pod?

Same issue. I am sitting 6 feet from he pod in my kitchen...

avlp
Grasshopper

Same issue. I am sitting 6 feet from the pod in my kitchen but every device is connected to one of the two pods DOWNSTAIRS or the Gateway which is in another room!  And things are running SLOW!!!

not terribly impressed at the moment. 

0 Kudos

-- same issue Same suggestion: cut the power to the downs...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@avlp -- same issue

Same suggestion: cut the power to the downstairs pods, and connect your device to the pod in your kitchen. Then, power-on the pods, and let them "adjust" your coverage mesh.

> things are running slow

Use an Ethernet cable to connect your computer to your Gateway, and run the Shaw Speed Test, and report the results, as compared to what speed you are paying for. Internet 300 (or Fibre+ 300) should give 300 Mbps download and 15 Mbps upload.

0 Kudos

To all the people posting about pods and selecting the be...

rickatk
Master

To all the people posting about pods and selecting the best signal... try pulling down(removing) the pods completely from the network, reboot the gateway, then fresh install the pods one at a time.

Be patient. Give the pods and the gateway a good week to get themselves sorted out. Avoid the temptation to try to manipulate the pods, channels or settings. Let the AI do it’s job.

I spent a lot time with Shaw techs going over these devices,  testing, configuring and checking on the network integrity. The techs even paid a visit to my house and spent much time checking my network integrity.

I have concluded to leave the tech to do its job and indeed it does work. My pods have settled in and when I do check them they seem to be working fine with the occasional device using a pod or gateway that I question as being appropriate. Most times they get it right.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help