Some feedback regarding your test site.
I've been having trouble getting good test results from speedtest.shaw.ca to the point it was showing me support options. I just signed up for the 300mbps plan and am on the Arris XB6 modem, but on the test was struggling to get 120+.
Turns out the problem appears to be with Chromium based browsers. Firefox is fine, iOS Safari is fine (330mbps). But in Chrome I've been unable to get good results (over 150) until I tried incognito. With incognito on, then I got 330mpbs every time.
I then reset Chrome, disabled all extensions. Re-ran the test to no avail. I downloaded the Brave browser, which is based on Chromium and it turns out to have the same problem on a clean install and also works better in incognito.
Other speed test sites look to be more consistent regardless of the browser, so it seems like a speedtest.shaw.ca problem. I am running Bitdefender and Malwarebytes, for what it's worth, though doubting they're an issue.
Anyways, thought I'd pass this on to support to see if anyone else can replicate the issue.
Thank you for reaching out! I appreciate your feedback regarding our speed test site. Do you notice the same issues with other 3rd party speed test sites when using Chromium based browsers? It may be a setting causing the slower speeds as it is odd that it would work correctly on "incognito mode". Have you also tried reaching out to the developers to see if there is a fix in place?
Tony | Community Mod.
Thanks for the response. I noticed it seems to be an issue strictly with Ookla based tests that I can replicate consistently with Chrome/Brave. I just got an 83.5mbit test in normal mode, and 333mbit as soon as I switched to incognito.
Once I looked into other 'powered by Ookla' sites I found a few posts, including one on this forum where people have noticed the same issue as well as: (Google Groups). I also tested speedtest.net and found the issue occurs there as well. Other test sites not powered by Ookla did not have this problem. I have gone through all the suggested steps to remedy this as well.
Anyways, just thought I'd forward on the info as I thought there was something wrong with my connection at first and it wasn't until mucking around with my ubiquiti erlite-3 router for an hour or so that I realized the problem lies elsewhere when my mobile device tested fine going through the same router.