Did i get conned? Internet 300 vs Fiber 300

LivingGod
Grasshopper

Ok My internet 300 come to end. So i got fiber 300 ...10bucks increase from internet 300

It seems everything same cable and modem etc. So what changed ? Can someone from shaw explain what is fiber in fiber 300?

8 Replies

fiber 300 is 10 bucks moe but you can get 100 megs upload...

cpmrich36
Grasshopper

fiber 300 is 10 bucks moe but you can get 100 megs upload as grandfater 300 old plan, you et 15 megs upload and you get brand new xb6 from the hitron.  don't think you are conned.  

0 Kudos

I already have blue curve last 2 years. So i basically lo...

LivingGod
Grasshopper

I already have blue curve last 2 years. So i basically lost money.

0 Kudos

so you got coned then, did you get 100 megs upload .  so...

cpmrich36
Grasshopper

so you got coned then, did you get 100 megs upload .  so you getting your money back?  what your plan?

0 Kudos

Fibre 300 only offers15 up, to get 100 up, you need to to...

rstra
Grand Master

@LivingGod Fibre 300 only offers15 up, to get 100 up, you need to to subscribe to Fibre 750 or higher. The only reason it is $10 more is because of price increases over the last couple of years.

I am comparing internet 300 vs fiber 300. So dont go to...

LivingGod
Grasshopper

I am comparing internet 300 vs fiber 300.

So dont go to  fiber 750 discussion. i only care download speed.

0 Kudos

--  My internet 300 come to end. So i got fiber 300 ...10...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@LivingGod --  My internet 300 come to end. So i got fiber 300 ...10bucks increase from internet 300

Were you on a two-year Value Plan that "froze" your monthly cost for Internet for those two years?

Did you sign-up for a new two-year Value Plan that will again "freeze" your monthly cost for the upcoming two years?

In B.C., during 2022, landlords will be allowed to increase rents by a maximum of 1.5%.  But, the BC Government has not "capped" the rate-increase for Telus Internet or for Shaw Internet.  So, paying $10/month more is what Shaw has chosen to do. It would be nice if the price of gasoline were frozen two years ago, and would stay frozen. Same "freeze" would also be nice for home-heating oil, and natural gas, BC Hydro, and other consumables. Would you like your hourly/monthly pay to be "frozen" ?

> what changed ? Can someone explain what is fiber in fiber 300?

Shaw's "marketing department" rebranded their service as "fibre-plus".  Probably, because TELUS is using "fiber" in their advertising, and Shaw wanted to say "we too are using fibre/fiber".

None of the Shaw infrastructure between the nearest telephone-pole and your home has changed. It strictly is a "marketing" thing.

New customers of "Fibre+ 300" get the "Advanced WiFi modem" (the HITRON -- older technology, with a maximum of 300 download & 15 upload).

New residential customers of "Fibre+ 750" (or faster) get the "Fibre+ Gateway modem" (XB6 or XB7) with a maximum of 100 Mbps for upload.

Via Canada Post, Shaw sent a promotion to TELUS Internet customers of "Fibre+ 500" that included the XB7 modem, and the same maximum of 100 Mbps for upload.

Internet down again.

LivingGod
Grasshopper

Internet down again.

0 Kudos

can confirm smh...

mratheist
Grasshopper

can confirm smh...

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help