Jump to solution

Hitron bridge mode access settings

mineincalgary
Grasshopper

Hello,

switching from Bluecurve bridge mode to Hitron bridge mode. Need to save a few bucks! The bluecurve allowed the user to select bridge mode. Shaw has put my hitron in bridge mode automatically as I connected it. When I had the Bluecurve I could access the admin panel. I tried with the hitron but I cannot connect with the ip 192.168.0.1

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jump to solution

No, unfortunately you need to contact Shaw if you ever wa...

rstra
Grand Master

No, unfortunately you need to contact Shaw if you ever want it out of bridge mode.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Jump to solution

Because the Hitron is now just a acting as a modem. What...

rstra
Grand Master

Because the Hitron is now just a acting as a modem. What are you trying to do that requires you to access the admin settings?

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

With the blue curve I was able to log in and do a reboot...

mineincalgary
Grasshopper

With the blue curve I was able to log in and do a reboot thru the control panel. Also if ever needed I could turn off bridge mode.

Is Hitron user access to the admin panel not possible while in bridge mode?

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

No, unfortunately you need to contact Shaw if you ever wa...

rstra
Grand Master

No, unfortunately you need to contact Shaw if you ever want it out of bridge mode.

Jump to solution

Thanks - this was the info I was looking for! I was tryin...

mineincalgary
Grasshopper

Thanks - this was the info I was looking for! I was trying Shaw tech support thru chat and they were not able to tell me this after a few hours of going back and forth!

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

I should also mention that you could use ip passthrough....

rstra
Grand Master

@mineincalgary I should also mention that you could use ip passthrough. You would get a second public ip from Shaw and connect your third party router and the Hitron could continue acting as a router. More info here:

https://support.shaw.ca/t5/internet-articles/ip-passthrough-for-hitron-cgnm-2250/ta-p/6787

TALK TO US
We're here to help