How to get Shaw Fibre Optic working in Calgary

Not applicable

Our Shaw Fibre Optic internet (up to 300mbps) has been really slow from the start. The last month it's been clocking in speeds of 1-10mbps. Our Netgear r6400 router serves an area of roughly 600 square feet without any obstruction, so the signal shouldn't have an issue going a few meters.

We were in touch a lot at the beginning, but our patience eventually wore thin. We've had customer service say our router need replaced, followed by a service call where the router was unplugged and plugged back in (not replaced) and numerous multi-hour calls trying to get through to them, and had to take a break. Being transferred around gets exhausting.

Can anyone help with even just getting through to them in a timely matter since the chat representatives can't help and keep providing incorrect phone numbers? We're getting tired of plugging one device directly into the router at a time when it needs used.

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
6 Replies

Re: How to get Shaw Fibre Optic working in Calgary

shaw-tamara

Hello  ,

We're sorry to hear you're having trouble getting help with your router. Our fibre accounts are handled by a specialized team, so the regular call centre representatives will have to transfer you for assistance. If you want to call directly, the contact number for the Fibre technical support team is 1-855-545-1133.

0 Kudos

Re: How to get Shaw Fibre Optic working in Calgary

Not applicable

Hi Tamara,

Thanks for the response. We had a tech come in again, and just as the last 3 or so times, our internet was back up to speed for a few hours before dropping significantly. The last few speed tests were below 10mbps, and that's through the ethernet cable.

I'm really not sure what to do at this point, as the tech appointments really aren't doing much for us.

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos

I just subscribed to the fibre 300 a month ago, it was go...

PChwts
Grasshopper

I just subscribed to the fibre 300 a month ago, it was good for 2 weeks about 150Mbps then it became slower. Spent many hours on chat with different tactics but to no avail, my 3rd modem in a month, Getting max 35Mbps for 5G, not great for what I paid. Hopefully the technician coming can fix the problem.

0 Kudos

-- Hopefully the technician coming can fix the problem. H...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@PChwts -- Hopefully the technician coming can fix the problem.

Hopefully, the technician will test the "signal-strength" reaching your current modem. Probably, it will be the same signal-strength that reached those previous two modems.  Contact Shaw Support, and get them to remotely logon to your modem, and they can view the current signal-strength, and forward any "bad" results to that soon-to-arrive technician.

Note that a "Wireless N" network adapter can do 150 Mbps, as you have observed. Your modem can "bond" 2 or 4 channels, to reach 300 or 600 Mbps, if the network-adapter inside your computer/'device also is capable of "bonding".

0 Kudos

Ok, will chat another time with Shaw support to test the...

PChwts
Grasshopper

Ok, will chat another time with Shaw support to test the signal strength for soon-to-arrive technician. Again, my iphone tested 420 Mbps with other subscriber so nothing to do with device.

0 Kudos

A little late, but the tech can get that info, no need fo...

rstra
Grand Master

A little late, but the tech can get that info, no need for you to call Shaw. 

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help