hello who is your  fiber optic from.

rtotem1
Grasshopper

hello who is your  fiber optic from.

0 Kudos

-- who is your  fiber optic from? Many years ago, Telus o...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@rtotem1 -- who is your  fiber optic from?

Many years ago, Telus offered me "high speed Internet" at $55/month -- not using any "dial-up" modem.  The same month, Shaw offered me "Internet 5" at a lower price.  At the time, neither company offered "Fiber-optic-to-the-home".  Since then, times have changed, and both companies now use fiber-optic cable for their infrastructure, and both provide "the last mile" of connectivity not using fiber-optic cable. Telus offers FTTH in most areas, and I've heard that Shaw offers FTTH in one area in Calgary.

0 Kudos

why does shaw call it it fiber  because they  want to tri...

rtotem1
Grasshopper

why does shaw call it it fiber  because they  want to trick people into thicking they have fiber my 750 fiber plus so they say it is  has doundload speed of 750 connected and only 85 upload speed? real fiber has same  download and same upload speed witch is a massive diffent so i would like my 750mbps and i would like my 750 mbps upload speed.. when u buy a car and they say it electic fully electic thats what u  want not a hybrid. broad band is good but it share neighbour hood and when i watch my favorite show on  my iptv server i  exspect it to not buffer.I have look at lots of other forums from people in ont all over and they say the isp sever is thottling your internet.. why does it seem to happen just at  the time people are home  from work, or eating watching tv?

shaw, Rogers, Bell and Telus all do not like us watching tv from a that a whole lot of money to drop  to a  isp server that still nother soruce. so they will do anything secretly to stop or make  us pay for their exspensive tv. i tried  shaws  Basic tv at 78$ a month and internet at 125.00 a month, then cell phone 80$ and home  phone 25.00 a month.  I been with shaw for 20yrears to and i alwaay had there tv service that i could afford at the time and never had problem  but as soon i i stop their tv service and  went to iptv servers that are  legal and we whave trouble shooted everytime.  and they say the buffer ing from my isp sever throttling my internet. why does  my iptv server work great no buffering when everyone is at work???? then  around 5pm we turn on tv go to our all channel and watch for about 40mins 10 mins before show is done and buffering.. i get rate on my email and send  pic of buffering to my iptv server they tell me  your internet is thottle????? i have complain so many times to tech  that  they would not renew my subscription, I then go and try another iptv server  and anither and another same problem???? I find it come back to my isp  shaw somthing wrong they are doing somthing.???????? it proven over and over. I never have problem watching  shaws tv????? 

0 Kudos

My Fiber Optic is from shaw  and im located in coquitlam...

rtotem1
Grasshopper

My Fiber Optic is from shaw  and im located in coquitlam bc where there is fiber optic all over. But not to my house. so at $125.00 dolars a month i  want fiber optic rate to my house and shaw can afford that easy. I dont want  fiber 2mile away with broad band... thats no fiber please  google about fiber and broadband? i would send u the infor but i dont  know how to add file on hear.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help