Is McAfee antivirus any good?

Not applicable

Hello everyone,

Although now in 2018, it would have had to improve over the years, right?

Reason is, my dad bought McAfee full protection softwear (with the rebate he pays $0, which is why he did it) and the protection can go on 10 different devices. I figure a full, https://discord.software/ complete antivirus that was bought would be better than regular level free antivirus. So I'm just wondering if I should uninstall my free avg (although I did buy AVG internet security for now) FetLife and put this on it. I put it on his laptop and so far its running as any iTunes other antivirus would (display, settings, options etc all seem to be the regular stuff) . Serious thoughts on it?

Thank you!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

Re: Is McAfee antivirus any good?

mbir
Grasshopper

There are a number of sites that assess and review antivirus software.  I have followed this review for awhile (link removed)

You can see in some cases that the free software from certain providers is just as good (if not better).  There are alternative sites that review Antivirus software (including link removed) but they all seem to have similar results especially relating to protection.

It really depends upon how much you are willing to pay (unless you have a rebate) but also remember Shaw does provided McAfee Internet Security.

0 Kudos

Re: Is McAfee antivirus any good?

allanbay2
Grasshopper

Although it's true most anti-virus programs provide roughly equal protection in stopping virus from getting onto your computer the free ones don't do as good a job with dealing with them if they make it through. For me two major things to look for in a anti-virus program are the load they put on your machine and how much (if any) bloatware they install with the program. I use Kaspersky. 

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help