same here in the southern interior. I don’t upload a lot...

rstra
Grand Master

@rickatk same here in the southern interior. I don’t upload a lot and what I do upload is in the background to iCloud. I think it would have been better for Shaw competitively if they concentrated on the upload speeds instead of offering the 1.5 down. 

0 Kudos

Hoping for the 100mb upload being offered  for current  6...

freeborn
Grasshopper

Hoping for the 100mb upload being offered  for current  600mb plan users.  I too would lose huge discounts to upgrade to 750mb.  I could really use the boost for upload.  Almost to the point where I may switch to another provider who offers symmetrical internet for home.  Would prefer to stay with Shaw so I will wait and see for another month or so to see if anything changes.

@I forgot to mention lots of Apple devices uploading and...

rickatk
Master

@rstra @I forgot to mention lots of Apple devices uploading and downloading to iCloud. I looked at the 1.5Gig —-tooo steep a price. I am going to hold at 1 Gig and wait for the 100Mbps upload and the new X7 modem. Which will be pretty good in itself.

Any update on the speed increase.I think Shaw should try...

dlomond
Grasshopper

Any update on the speed increase.I think Shaw should try to do something for there old customers.adding new customer is great but if we have to leave  every 2 years to  get better speeds and price. I don't think it is right.

-- Any update on the speed increase. I think Shaw should...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@dlomond -- Any update on the speed increase. I think Shaw should try to do something for there old customers,

If you have the BlueCurve modem, and you live in an area where Shaw has rolled-out the upgraded 100 Mbps "upload" service, you are eligible for it, no matter how old you are. 🙂   Just contact Shaw.

If you have the HITRON cable-modem, the upgrade is not applicable. Maybe, you can get Shaw to switch you to the BlueCurve modem, without any price-increase.

0 Kudos

They are not doing the grandfather plans 600 plan. I call...

dlomond
Grasshopper

They are not doing the grandfather plans 600 plan. I called and ask.you fave to upgrade plan for alot of money.

0 Kudos

Hi there, unfortunately being in an area and having the X...

Sith
Grasshopper

Hi there, unfortunately being in an area and having the XB6, is still not enough for people on the 600 plan to get the 100mb upload. I really hope this happens soon and we get it. Having signed up in April, I would be waiting an almost full 2 years to renew and would be stuck with 20mb upload, till then. The option of going to Fibre + 750 right now and increasing my monthly bill $61, is just insane.

I'm sure there must be others in the same boat, who want the 100 up, who have the 600 plan and an XB6.

0 Kudos

-- increasing my monthly bill $61, is just insane Ask Sha...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Sith -- increasing my monthly bill $61, is just insane

Ask Shaw what the price would be if you downgraded to Fibre+ 300. That should give you 100 Mbps for upload.

I have found only a very few web-sites that can "push" out data to me at over 300 Mbps. One is the "Windows Update" server.

So, unless you have multiple working-at-home family-members in your residence, and/or multiple Xbox online gamers, having 300 Mbps for download should not be a "bottleneck" on your Internet usage.

0 Kudos

Hi there, with the pricing on the site, that could turn m...

Sith
Grasshopper

Hi there, with the pricing on the site, that could turn my $61 dollar a month increase, into a $51 dollar a month increase.

No "value" in either scenario, for anyone in my scenario with an XB6 and currently on the 600 plan.

Just hoping that they give the 600 people, the upgrade to 100 up.

As noted before, if I was getting close to the end of my contract it wouldn't be as important but I only signed up for their "fastest" offering, back in April. 

0 Kudos

I think they will eventually push it out to everyone with...

rstra
Grand Master

I think they will eventually push it out to everyone with BlueCurve.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help