Keeping my Shaw email address

Noodle86
Grasshopper

If I’m told that I have to change my email address, I’ll be moving all my services to Telus. I’ve already done this with another account at my summer place. - just saying…

Labels (1)
2 Replies

If you cancel your internet, you lose your email address,...

rstra
Grand Master

@Noodle86  If you cancel your internet, you lose your email address, unless you know another Rogers internet customer that you can transfer the address to.

0 Kudos

-- when Telus "outsourced" all its back-end E-mail proces...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Noodle86 -- when Telus "outsourced" all its back-end E-mail processing to Google, Telus customers kept their "username@telus.net" IDs.  They logon to GMail using "username@telus.net" (and a password). Any E-mail sent to "username@telus.net" will be received by Google's E-mail servers.   Maybe, Rogers/Shaw will do the same thing, but it is too early to know what will change.

It's no big deal for any ISP (Internet Service Provider) to support "legacy" E-mail IDs.  For example, "username@PacificCoast.net" still works, through the "Uniserve" ISP, but the policy is that any new customers of Uniserve cannot choose an ID with the "PacificCoast.net" suffix.  Similarly, it's possible that Rogers/Shaw will continue to support "@shaw.ca" IDs for existing customers, for a long time, but not allow new customers to choose that suffix.

pacificcoast.net MX preference = 10, mail exchanger = mx0.uniserve.com

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help