I certainly don't want to see you go, since it's an ongoi...

shaw-tony

@peter12 

@peter12 wrote:

Yes, of course I have been in touch with tech support,what am I an Idiot?  I have an open file,probably the same one I opened in 1995. They suggested  that I removed my wifi extender as it was probably the cause of all my problems and that I should have plenty of bandwidth from the modem for a normal size house with several devices without the need to extend the signal , which is really odd because Shaw sell their own extenders precisely because they believe most houses need extenders!!!!!!! Also as per usual they asked that I reset the modem and boxes again!  I guess it will come as no surprise to any Shaw user that this in fact did not work and last night the intermittent loss of sound continues, it seems this happens on the regular T.V  channels such as the news or recording from regular T.V. channels or at least I am not aware of it happening on Netflix, Prime etc,

I appreciate you trying those steps with tech support. They are correct that 3rd party WiFi extenders may cause interference, the BlueCurve Pods will extend the BlueCurve WiFi network that includes the ones that connect to the wireless TV boxes. 

As for the accumulated record on start-up, sometimes its there and sometimes its not, so  your response that Blue Curve doesn't have it is somewhat confusing???? 

BlueCurve TV is not intended to have accumulated record. I understand the Gateway HDPVR did have this feature. I will pass your feedback to our product team.

As for pausing in one room then picking it up in another,I am afraid to try this ,my current disappointment is too great that to suffer anymore blows would be unbearable, better to live in ignorance than face the realities of life in the world according to Shaw.  I have resigned myself to the fact that I have to ride out my current contract then seek solace in the bandwidth of another service provider (I don't know how I will break the news to the kids)

I certainly don't want to see you go, since it's an ongoing issue, I'd recommend scheduling a service technician to investigate further so we can resolve this matter.

0 Kudos

Shaw Tony  The sound interruptions have dissipated somewh...

peter12
Grasshopper

Shaw Tony

The sound interruptions have dissipated somewhat and the signal is strong on both TVs and my desktop, the speed-tests are satisfactory so, unless there is a major incident .... I guess the best thing for me to do is just get on with life. 

yes happens with all channels

Dave8895
Grasshopper

yes happens with all channels 

0 Kudos

-- happens with all channels Please read through all the...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Dave8895 -- happens with all channels

Please read through all the posts in this thread.

@shaw-tony recommended that you contact Shaw Support, and ask for trouble-shooting.

It could be a "signal-strength" problem -- weak signal reaching your TV box.  That would affect all channels.

0 Kudos

One year later and Shaw has not improved their service....

JMc52
Grasshopper

One year later and Shaw has not improved their service.  Same problem only because there is a wall between the tv player and the modem it is worse, what a joke.  Told a booster would help.   Shaw charges $10 a month ($120 a year) for a piece of equipment that costs them $50 maybe.   Have been a Shaw customer for over 30 years,  Have spoken to their support desk numerous times in the past week.   Clearly they would rather see loyalty customers move to Telus then fix the problem.

0 Kudos

You need to work harder, dig deeper to figure out what is...

rickatk
Master

@peter12  You need to work harder, dig deeper to figure out what is going on with your setup. There is nothing wrong with the Shaw gear. This stuff takes patience’s and determination. Going to another provider will only amount to the devil you don’t know.

0 Kudos

--  they believe most houses need extenders It depends on...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@peter12 --  they believe most houses need extenders

It depends on the layout of the house -- a wide "rancher", or a upper/main/basement stack of levels, or a "monster-house", and the construction materials, and the placement of large metal appliances (stove, washer, dryer, refrigerator, microwave).

On this forum, I have seen favourable comments from @rickatk -- using one XB7 device and one extender meets his needs in his house.

0 Kudos

Indeed: I find having one extender makes all the differen...

rickatk
Master

@mdk wrote:

@peter12 --  they believe most houses need extenders

It depends on the layout of the house -- a wide "rancher", or a upper/main/basement stack of levels, or a "monster-house", and the construction materials, and the placement of large metal appliances (stove, washer, dryer, refrigerator, microwave).

On this forum, I have seen favourable comments from @rickatk -- using one XB7 device and one extender meets his needs in his house.

Indeed: I find having one extender makes all the difference, pulling the signal into my media room, which is two rooms away and around a corner. My Wireless TV Player and Samsung Smart TV connects with a much stronger signal (x2). All the other rooms around the house the XB7 does the job. The XB7 is located central in the house - a large rancher.

No, there is a problem with the service. They are compres...

Scooter83
Grasshopper

No, there is a problem with the service. They are compressing to save bandwidth

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help