re: XB6 dropping connection

thekaz
Grasshopper

SO I have one of the original XB6 modems that has been running bridged for years with no issue. Then last month I dropped cable and switched to the 600 internet. Since then I have total disconnects every couple of days. I have tried lots . No MoCa fliter, one MoCa filter, direct cable connection with no splice, leave it unbridged, extra fan to keep it cooler ( not that it was that hot to begin with ) , unbridged no wifi ....... always the same thing . It just randomly disconnects and requires multiple hard boots to reconnect.

My question is have any of you users found some specific router settings needed to keep the bridged Modem working reliably? 

AND what have all you users done to get a newer modem ? Do I have to go through the shaw support BS where they tell me endlessly that its my gear that is the problem LOL as in previous issues my guess is shaws always communist firmware does not help 🙂 

OR maybe wait because there is a new super awesome bridgeable modem that has not been stunted coming next week?

Labels (1)
1 Reply

Have you talked to tech support and have the check your s...

rstra
Grand Master

Have you talked to tech support and have the check your signal levels and to see if the modem has been dropping offline? Next time you notice go off, check the light sequence on the modem. If they suggest it is your router, you could demo it is and unbridge your modem to see if the problem continues. 

TALK TO US
We're here to help