Removing Shaw Communications Passport on iOS

snyp1193
Grasshopper

I have this Shaw Communications Passpoint that I can't seem to remove? I don't have the passport profile anymore but there's no option to remove it under "Managed Networks". I tried resetting the Network settings on iOS too...Any idea how to get rid of it? Im not on Freedom or Shaw Mobile either. IMG_5334.jpeg

IMG_5335.PNG

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
10 Replies

Settings/General/VPN and Device Management

rstra
Grand Master

@snyp1193   Settings/General/VPN and Device Management 

0 Kudos

Passpoint is not there. It’s been removed.

snyp1193
Grasshopper

Passpoint is not there. It’s been removed but it still shows up in the known wifi networks.

0 Kudos

Sorry, misread your message. Yes there is no option to re...

rstra
Grand Master

@snyp1193   Sorry, misread your message. Yes there is no option to remove the managed network. You may be able to forget the network next time you are nearby. 

0 Kudos

I’ll give it a try the next time I see it when I’m out.

snyp1193
Grasshopper

I’ll give it a try the next time I see it when I’m out.

0 Kudos

-- Passpoint ... has been removed but it still shows up i...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@snyp1193 -- Passpoint ... has been removed but it still shows up in the known wifi networks.

Are you living in an urban area, where some of your immediate neighbours also have Shaw Internet, and their cable-modem is broadcasting that SSID, and your device is in range of their cable-modem?

That SSID is meant to be "visible" (and useable) by Freedom Mobile users when they are physically near to a Shaw cable-modem, e.g., when the user is standing on the sidewalk in front of your home, or the user is parked in their vehicle outside of your home.

P.S. in your image, I see that "Auto-Join" is enabled. Disable it. I also see that your "signal-strength" indicator (that "rainbow" in the top-right) is showing only a "medium" signal-strength, implying that the cable-modem that is broadcasting that SSID is relatively far away from your device, such as emitting from a neighbour's house across the street.

0 Kudos

Interesting…I hadn’t thought of that. However why is it u...

snyp1193
Grasshopper

Interesting…I hadn’t thought of that. However why is it under my own “Managed Networks”? Also my iPad doesn’t show it so I’m curious how it got there on my phone.

I’m not connected to it. I’m on my own home wifi. I just can’t figure out why this passpoint is on my phone.

0 Kudos

I found something online. It could explain this problem:...

snyp1193
Grasshopper

I found something online. It could explain this problem:

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/deleting-managed-wi-fi-networks.2359042/

0 Kudos

Was your phone ever on Shaw Mobile or Freedom. Shaw home...

rstra
Grand Master

@snyp1193  Was your phone ever on Shaw Mobile or Freedom. Shaw home modems don’t broadcast passpoint and you won’t auto-connect without the certificate. I will be at a hotspot later and will try removing passpoint.

0 Kudos

No never. But I had previous devices with the passpoint....

snyp1193
Grasshopper

No never. But I had previous devices with the passpoint. I wonder if it got saved to my iCloud somehow and when I set up my new iPhone from backup it just carried over…

It could be an iOS 16 issue which prevents you from removing old networks associated to a profile. 

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help