Highlighted

Shaw BlueCurve was the worst decision I have ever made

Grasshopper

If anyone is reading this, please do not convert to the Shaw Bluecurve. Ever since I got it about a month ago, it’s caused my family and I nothing but issues. We’re on the Internet 600 and TV bundle and it is terrible.

My internet constantly cuts out, and when I lose internet, that means I lose cable because the cable now relies on wireless internet for connection. I go hours with super slow wifi, not being able to load a simple page like Google. Restarting it doesn’t help. Unplugging the modem doesn’t help. Calling support and they can’t explain why it’s not working properly.

Went into the Shaw store today to exchange my Gateway; worked well for 5-6 hours and back to square one we are. Just lost internet, and cable. Am forced to use my phone’s cellular data for internet.

I’ve contacted Shaw live chat twice and i’ve called them on the phone two or three times and the most they could do is send me a tech for next Wednesday, and restart the gateway from their end.

If anyone out there is considering upgrading/switching DONT DO IT. Shaw was NOT ready to roll out Bluecurve, and the best part is i’m locked to a two year contract so I can’t even switch to Telus if I wanted to.

Labels (2)
15 Replies
Highlighted

very sorry to hear of the poor experience. I can certainl...

@ZacharyDF very sorry to hear of the poor experience. I can certainly understand the frustration as it is not working as expected. It may be a signal related or noise issue that is causing that. A scheduled technician will be able to investigate and find a resolution. I appreciate your patience until then.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

same problem.

Grasshopper

same problem. 

Highlighted

I see you have a similar post here and have responded.

@jim1111111111 I see you have a similar post here and have responded.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Bluecurve is absolute garbage.  Worked for first 10 min,...

Grasshopper

Bluecurve is absolute garbage.  Worked for first 10 min, after that it has done nothing but freeze and malfunction.  SHAW IS HORRIBLE 

0 Kudos
Highlighted

How about shaw comes and takes this garage back. Are you...

Grasshopper

How about shaw comes and takes this garage back. Are you willing to do that shaw??? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted

You are not alone.

Grasshopper

@ZacharyDF

If how I've been treated with a "upgrade" is any indication, they will bill, fee, penalize, and in many ways charge the pajeebers out of you. My $90.00 a month went to $187.00, my speeds dropped to 1/4th, there are no call-backs from Billing, or that other joke, 'support'.

The 'fellow' that came here with the refurb modem took the old Hitron, the brand new Cat6 cable and I'm being charged a extra $50.00 for not returning it myself! Had I know I'd have to pay for the Shaw person to take it back, I'd have sent it back at the same speeds Shaw provides by duct-taping the modem to the back of a turtle and kicking it in the direction of Shaw's head office in Calgary.

I contacted and filed complaints with the CCTS and CRTC (see Shaw's page here) with chronological order of events sans any quips, digs, or off-comments, promises of revenge or any emotions - so as they say, just the facts, and you will get another (if you even had one) Shaw support person who will promise that they really want to help (I discovered to be more empty words)  and delay, delay and more delays until you give up. Eventually, they will blame you, your equipment, dog, cat, spouse,  local conditions.... SO, check your equipment too. The downgrades (AKA Shaw's upgrade) do have system specifications that they don't tell you about in the sales pitch.

Once you've started the process via CCTS and CRTC, stay with it! On the better side, you will certainly get extra exercise jumping trough a lot more hoops and over many more hurdles. But be precise, give dates, times and names of anyone you spoke with. Also provide specs of your devices in the detailed report.

Wrap it all up into a PDF, and add it to your complaint.

JUST PROVIDE the outline. The facts, as stated before, and be brief, but concise. Save the detailed for later.

In the end, give Up. You have a been assimilated and questions, support, discussion is futile and complaints will be censored and deleted.

The CRTC and CCTS are owned, operated, and controlled by the federallies. Any time any telecom wants to do anything that costs the victims/customers more money, means more taxes for the porkers in Ottawa. Follow the money.

However, my "high-speed" 300 at 41.22 Mbps still lets Shaw SMRC me. Some is happy now.

• @Scott1111 Said
    "yesterday
    How about Shaw comes and takes this garage back. Are you willing to do that Shaw??? "

Bringing the garbage in is easy, taking it out is time-consuming, expensive and frankly, futile - and they know that.

~w~

Highlighted

sorry to hear you are having trouble with your Internet s...

@Scott1111 sorry to hear you are having trouble with your Internet service. Are you just noticing problems over WiFi or are direct ethernet connections not working as well? By freezing and malfunction, what error messages do you notice? Is the modem rebooting when this happens? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted

I just learnt this first hand. I got my Blue Curve to rep...

Grasshopper

I just learnt this first hand. I got my Blue Curve to replace my Hitron, and what a mistake that was. Needless to say I had it set up and after 40 minutes of it up and running it was immediately placed back into the box and is on it's way back to Shaw. I had Shaw Reactivate my Hitron modem instead. The Bluecurve has a meager two RJ45 connectors and for some absurd reason two RJ11 (phone jacks) connections on the back. This alone is enough for it to be burnt and buried. Never mind the fact there is no IP pass through function, so if you want to use this for wireless and a separate router in tandem you cannot. You can only run it as a standalone as in DMZ mode directly to your router. Never mind how clunky and buggy the UI is. Honestly Shaw, get your act together and get rid of this pile of trash. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted

> if you want to use this for wireless and a separate rou...

Master

> if you want to use this for wireless and a separate router in tandem you cannot.

Huh?

Connect your own router to the DMZ Ethernet port on the BlueCurve, by enabling DMZ.

If you want, connect one computer to the other Ethernet port on the BlueCurve.

Your wireless devices can connect to the SSID provided by the BlueCurve.

Your other wired/wireless devices can connect to your router.

If that is not the configuration that you want, please tell us what you want to achieve.

TALK TO US
Need more help?