Shaw Customer Service

madmel66
Grasshopper

When did Shaw Customer Service get so awful? It used to be go good. Now it is as bad as the Telus Customer Service. If not worse. I have been trying to get a live person on the phone for a week now and every time I get to a push one now point where it says I will reach a live person and push the number, I get a message saying it will be sending an update to my TV ?????   I am going to click on the box that says email me when someone replies but it will be for naught....  My problem is that Shaw says my email account was used to send out a bunch of spam and they froze my email account. I tried to fix it with their CHAT "service" and had no luck. I got tired of waiting 10 minutes each time for the guy to answer my messages. Their Chat service used to rate 100%. Now I would be generous giving it a 5% rating. *Mod edit out personal info*

Labels (1)
4 Replies

-- My problem is that Shaw says my email account was used...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@madmel66 -- My problem is that Shaw says my email account was used to send out a bunch of spam and they froze my email account.

Ouch!  As a bypass, open the My Shaw web-site, and select "Internet Services", and create a new E-mail ID for yourself. 

Configure your E-mail program to use the new E-mail ID for sending/receiving.

Otherwise, try again to contact Shaw, asking them to "escalate" a request to "unlock" the old E-mail ID, and to force you to change the password.

BEYOND FRUSTRATED FOR 6 WEEKS! 3 Shaw Service technicians...

DZ-1
Grasshopper

BEYOND FRUSTRATED FOR 6 WEEKS! 3 Shaw Service technicians have visited my home & tried to fix my TV SINCE NOVEMBER 30! It still doesn't work! We need 2 remotes (Blue curve remote & TV remote)  to turn on & off the TV. Then the TV comes back ON after a few seconds!!!! Yesterday (5 pm)  I called SHAW again to let them know, our system still won't sink, I was on HOLD for 1 HOUR & 46 MINUTES !!!!!!!!!!!! Finally I hung up. 

0 Kudos

that's very odd it's not syncing up. Does this happen on...

shaw-tony

@DZ-1 that's very odd it's not syncing up. Does this happen on other TV sets as well in your home? What is the TV model that you have?

0 Kudos

-- We need 2 remotes (Blue curve remote & TV remote) to...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@DZ-1 -- We need 2 remotes (Blue curve remote & TV remote)  to turn on & off the TV

That is weird.

Note that the BlueCurve never really powers-off -- it might be "sleeping", waiting for the next time-slot to record a scheduled program.

If pressing the POWER button on the Shaw remote-control turns off the TV, then the Shaw remote-control is synchronized with your TV, and only a few other buttons on the Shaw remote-control, namely: mute, volume up/down, and "select input source", will control those functions of your TV. All the other buttons on the Shaw remote-control cause reactions on your BlueCurve device.

If you press volume up/down, or mute, on the Shaw remote-control, does the TV "obey" ?

When you press POWER on the Shaw remote-control, and POWER on the TV's remote-control, you are telling the TV to power-off, and then, a few seconds later, to power-on, as you have observed.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help