-- In practical terms, the maximum download speed is a si...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Breithar -- In practical terms, the maximum download speed is a single device on both the 1GB and 1.5BG plan is 940 Mbps. 

Does the device have an expensive network adapter that supports 10 Gbps, because most adapters max-out at 1 Gbps?

Also, one needs to use a "CAT-6" cable for speeds over 1 Gbps -- a "CAT-5e" cable maxes-out at 1 Gbps.

0 Kudos

I think the same thing. I'd would also like a manual for...

madmadrian
Grasshopper

I think the same thing. I'd would also like a manual for the XB7. I really don't want to use the Blue Curve app. Why should I have to use my phone to change settings on my modem when my computer has a wired connection to it?!

0 Kudos

-- does this Shaw document give enough detail:        htt...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@madmadrian -- does this Shaw document give enough detail: 

https://support.shaw.ca/t5/internet-articles/guide-fibre-gateway-xb6-xb7-xb8/ta-p/5114?

for your needs.

Suggestion: power-off the XB7, and disconnect its coaxial-input cable. Power-on, and restart your computer that is Ethernet-connected, and then try to logon to the XB7.  You may get a different (with more features?) interface than when the XB7 is connected to Shaw's network.

0 Kudos

You should be able to hook things up without bridging as...

Bruce1st
Grasshopper

You should be able to hook things up without bridging as I have done. I wanted two seperate entities (2 routers with 1 modem so I could use all of my programs with shaw and go between each network with all of my devices. I am upgrading to xb7 from an xb6 so i hope that i can still do this without bridging to achieve the same effect. I should be able to.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help