I am on my fourth hour waiting!!! it said 35-45 minutes f...

Evgenia
Grasshopper

I am on my fourth hour waiting!!!

it said 35-45 minutes for me too.

Still waiting. What a frustrating service.

0 Kudos

Me too. To make it even better, I was on the chat for hal...

BD2
Grasshopper

Me too.

To make it even better, I was on the chat for half an hour before they told me I would need to CALL to cancel my cable service. During that half hour they tried to sell me additional products or bundles that I don't want.

And the irony that the hold message keeps telling me to hang up and go to the chat functionality to change my account - which the chat can't do!

0 Kudos

> I would need to CALL to cancel my cable service ... You...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

> I would need to CALL to cancel my cable service ...

You will probably need to take your cable-modem (or Gateway or BlueCurve) back to Shaw's retail office, if those are "rented" devices. If you keep a rented device, Shaw will charge you for a "purchase" of the device, after you have cancelled. When in the retail office, do the cancellation. Keep a receipt for the return of the equipment, to avoid any dispute.

0 Kudos

We have experienced the worst service. We have free chann...

Sindee45
Grasshopper

We have experienced the worst service. We have free channels that don’t work. The internet is slow. We have top of the line router. We live in a bungalow everything is central, router is unobstructed. We have repeatedly called with nothing yet after 6 months. It’s insane. We are switching to TELUS OPTIK. 

0 Kudos

-- We have experienced the worst service. We have free ch...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Sindee45 -- We have experienced the worst service. We have free channels that don’t work. The internet is slow.

How slow is your Internet?  Run the Shaw Speed Test, and tell us what numbers you get, versus what you expect from your Shaw contract.

> We have top of the line router.

Which cable-modem device do you have? Have you "bridged" the Shaw device, so that your third-party router is getting an IP-address directly from Shaw?

> We live in a bungalow everything is central, router is unobstructed. We have repeatedly called with nothing yet after 6 months. 

I would try again to use online chat to contact Shaw, to get them to trouble-shoot, including remotely logging-on to your device, to see the "signal strength" reaching your modem?

Or, scroll-down on this page that you are reading right now, and click the "Your Voice" hyperlink, to compose & send your complaint about the "nothing yet after 6 months" lack of acceptable service.

TALK TO US
We're here to help