Purchase Protection (Purchase PIN) Setup
A four-digit Parental Lock PIN is used to enforce content controls, while a Purchase PIN is used to restrict transactions.
PIN Protection accessed via the settings menu allows you to:
- Set a Purchase PIN for transactions such as movie rentals from Shaw On Demand
- Set a purchase PIN for transaction such as pay-per-view events
To create a Purchase PIN and turn Purchase Protection on or off:
- Press the Shaw button on your remote.
- Use the right arrow button to select Settings (the gear icon).
- Press OK on the remote.
- Use the down arrow and select Purchase PIN and press OK.
- You may be required to enter your Parental Lock PIN. Use the number buttons on the remote control to enter the PIN in the Enter PIN field of the Enter Your Control PIN screen:
- Press OK to toggle the Purchase PIN On/Off.
- After turning the Purchase PIN option on, you will need to create a Purchase PIN. To do this:
- Create a four-digit PIN (it is a good idea to document this Purchase PIN for future reference)
- Enter the new Purchase PIN in the Enter PIN section of the Create a Purchase PIN screen. This is the PIN that will be used to restrict purchases on Shaw On Demand or PPV events.
- Verify and re-enter your Purchase PIN number a second time.
- Press Exit to return to your normal TV viewing. (Or, you can press the left arrow button and press Last to return to the Settings menu).
History of PIN Activity
One of the cooler features of the parental settings of the BlueCurve TV is that the BlueCurve TV Guide keeps a history of all instances when a PIN was requested by the system. It also records whether PIN entry was successful or not, and why the PIN prompt appeared (i.e. attempting to access a blocked channel).