This feature will work with any Chromecast enabled TV. Be sure that your mobile device and BlueCurve TV apps have the latest updates installed.
|BlueCurve TV app versions
- Android: 6.2.1
- iOS: 6.0.1
- Google Chrome: 6.2
- Chromecast (original)
- Chromecast 2
- Chromecast 3
- Chromecast Ultra
- Chromecast Home Hub
- Android 5.0 or newer
- iOS 12.0 or newer
Access from the BlueCurve TV web app
Follow these steps to access the Cast option from the BlueCurve TV Web app.
- Sign in to http://bluecurvetv.shaw.ca using the Chrome browser on a computer.
- Select a program to watch.
- Hover your mouse over the player to see the controls.
- A hollowed-out cast icon is shown to the left of the Mini-Player button, and next to the Search field at the top right of any page (For You, All Channels, etc.).
- Click the cast icon, and a list of available devices is shown. Click the device you want to stream to.
- Once connected, the cast icon will appear solid and your program will play on the selected device. Use your browser as a remote for playback controls.
- To stop casting, click the cast icon again and select Stop Casting.
Here are some scenarios that you may need to troubleshoot when trying to use Chromecast from the BlueCurve TV app.
Scenario: Chromecast device does not appear on list of selectable devices
- Ensure your device is connected to the same wireless network as the Chromecast
- If you have a separate name for a 5 GHz network (example: 'Name-5G') this will be considered different than your standard network name.
- Casting will not work over a mobile network; it requires that you're on WiFi.
- Confirm that your app is fully up to date by checking your app store for updates.
- If using the web app, make sure you are using the latest version of Google Chrome.
- Chromecast on the web app only works through Google Chrome and not other browsers.
- Refer to Google's Chromecast Support if you have confirmed all of the above and are still unable to see your device on the device list.
Scenario: Casting option does not appear in app
- Fully close and re-open the BlueCurve TV app.
- Confirm your app is fully up to date by checking your app store. If using the web app make sure you are using Google Chrome and that you are on the latest version.
- Restart your device.
- Restart the Chromecast.
- Refer to Google's Chromecast Support if you have confirmed all of the above and still do not see the casting option.
Scenario: Stream quality is poor while casting
- Confirm if stream quality is the same without casting. If the issue only happens while casting, check out Google's Chromecast Support.
- Run a speed test to check your connection speed. A minimum download speed of 5 Mbps is typically required for an HD stream.
- See Troubleshooting: WiFi connection issues for tips on how to improve your connection quality.