The Disney+ app and content library are available with Shaw TV and Shaw Stream. Use our voice remote to easily find Disney+ content right from your Shaw TV or Stream Player. Watch the latest releases, original series and movies, classic films, throwbacks, and so much more!
This article covers how to access and use Disney+ on Shaw TV or Shaw Stream, and some of the key features and benefits of using Disney+ with Shaw.
To access Disney+ content with Shaw TV or Shaw Stream, you will need:
- Shaw TV or Shaw Stream
- Shaw Internet
- A Disney+ subscription
Key features of using Disney+ with Shaw include:
- Endless new entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic and Star
- 25,000+ episodes of comedy, drama, true crime and more mature series
- Award-winning movies and box office hits for everyone in the household
- Personalized streaming with up to 7 profiles you can view on 4 screens at once
- A growing range of exciting new titles in 4K UHD
- Download and watch your favorites on the go*
*Select content only
How to sign up for Disney+
Disney+ and Disney+ promotional offers are only available to new or existing customers signing and/or renewing a 2-year ValuePlan and who meet the eligibility criteria. Visit Shaw.ca or contact us to learn more.
- By ordering Disney+ from Shaw.ca or by contacting a Shaw agent, you will need to sign up for Disney+ and your Disney+ subscription charges will be included in your regular monthly Shaw invoice. See How To: Link your Shaw account to Disney+ for more information.
- Subscribing to Disney+ from your TV set-top box, or through the Disney+ website or mobile app, means your subscription will be billed separately by Disney and will not appear on your Shaw bill.
Whether your subscription is on your Shaw bill or directly through Disney, you can manage your Disney+ account by going to www.disneyplus.com and logging in.
How to log in to Disney+
When accessing the Disney+ app for the first time, you’ll need to select the Log In option and enter your Disney+ account credentials. After logging in once, the app will remember your account for quick access.
- Open the Disney+ app on Shaw TV or Shaw Stream.
- Select the Log In button at the bottom left of the screen.
- Note: When logging in to your Disney+ account with Shaw, be sure to select Log In instead of Sign Up Now. Only select Sign Up Now if you want to create a new account billed directly through Disney+.
- Take note of the eight-digit code and website address that appear on your TV screen.
- Visit disneyplus.com/begin in a web browser. Enter the eight-digit code from your TV screen and click Continue.
- Enter the email address for your Disney+ account and click Continue.
- If you had already signed in through your browser, it will skip to the next step for password entry.
- Enter the password for your Disney+ account and click Log In.
- Using your Shaw TV or Shaw Stream remote, select the Start Streaming button on your TV screen.
- The Disney+ app will now load and sign into your account.
How to find Disney+ content
Follow the steps below to learn how to find Disney+ content on Shaw TV or Shaw Stream.
Launch the Disney+ app
- Just say “Disney Plus” with your voice remote to launch the app.
- On Shaw TV:
- Press the Shaw button on your remote.
- Select Apps from the menu.
- Select Disney+.
- On Shaw Stream:
- Select Disney+ from the Apps lane on the home screen.
Search for Disney+ content
- All Disney+ content is discoverable in Shaw TV and Shaw Stream menus or search results.
- Use voice or keyword search to find Disney+ content. For example: The Mandalorian, The Simpsons, or High School Musical.
- Voice search works from the main menu, or while in the app.
Frequently asked questions
Check out our FAQ Article to learn more about how Disney+ works with Shaw TV and Shaw Stream.
Troubleshooting & support
Visit the links below to learn more about using Disney+ or troubleshooting common issues.