Where can I get a list of my Shaw channels?
Existing Shaw customers can get a list of their Shaw channels by visiting https://www.shaw.ca/tv/channels/channel-listings and entering their postal code. You can select your TV Service option for your region and sort channels by number or by alphabetical order.
Can I request a specific channel?
The ability to provide certain channels is dependent on a variety of criteria including licensing, popularity/demand and bandwidth.
In some cases where Shaw does provide the channel in your region, you may not be getting it because it is not part of your subscription or TV package. See if the channel you're looking for is available through Shaw Pick and Pay.
Why do I not get certain channels?
The ability to provide certain channels is dependent on a variety of criteria including licensing, popularity/demand and bandwidth. In some cases where Shaw does provide the channel in your region, you may not be getting it because it is not part of your subscription or TV package.
When looking at making new channels available, we consider a variety of factors, including:
- Licensing. A channel must be licensed for carriage in Canada in order to be considered. Many of our most popular channel requests, including the Hallmark Channel, TNT, and USA Network, are not licensed in Canada.
- Cost. Packaging requirements (both from regulations and the networks) have a major impact on the overall cost of adding a channel. We strive to offer our customers the entertainment experiences they want at competitive prices and so we take these decisions very seriously.
- Popularity/Demand. Channel requests from customers like yourself, viewership ratings, social media followers, critical acclaim, and content uniqueness are all considered when looking at adding new services.
- Bandwidth. While we would love to offer every channel available, there are technical factors that govern the amount of room we have in each city to launch new channels. We are always looking to make decisions that optimize the available capacity and provide the most balanced benefit.
How do I print a list of my Shaw channels?
You can print a list of your Shaw channels by accessing your channel list from My Shaw. Additional details can be found here: How do I print a list of my channels?
You can also print a list of your channels by:
- Visiting the Shaw channel listings page.
- Enter your postal code.
- Select your TV service.
- Click the “Download channel listings” link from near the top of the page. (you will get a PDF list of your channels).
- Select the Print icon in the PDF and print the list of your channels.
Does Shaw preview channels?
Yes, for a limited time, you can get a sneak peek at a selection of some of our best channels. To see which channels are available visit our free previews.