Jump to solution

I can't sign in to Global TV and Global Go app

jkcadee
Grasshopper

I have subscribed to Small TV package which should have Global channels included. But when I tried to sign in Global TV website and Global Go app (on iPad), they both said I am "Not Authorized".

I have tried many things (clear cache, re-install Global Go app on iPad, etc.) and tried many times. But I still cannot sign in. My Shaw sign-in credential is perfectly fine. I can sign in to CTV website and CTV Go (as well as other channels' websites and apps) without any issue. I can sign in to Shaw perfectly fine, as well. So my Shaw ID and password have no issue.

It is very frustrating.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jump to solution

The issue reported earlier in this thread should be resol...

shaw-valerie

@Jf77 The issue reported earlier in this thread should be resolved now. Are you also seeing an error when trying to login to the Global TV site using your web browser, or is this affecting only your mobile devices? 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
64 Replies
Jump to solution

I had the same problem. Deleting the Global app, rebootin...

rickatk
Master

@jkcadee wrote:

I have subscribed to Small TV package which should have Global channels included. But when I tried to sign in Global TV website and Global Go app (on iPad), they both said I am "Not Authorized".

I have tried many things (clear cache, re-install Global Go app on iPad, etc.) and tried many times. But I still cannot sign in. My Shaw sign-in credential is perfectly fine. I can sign in to CTV website and CTV Go (as well as other channels' websites and apps) without any issue. I can sign in to Shaw perfectly fine, as well. So my Shaw ID and password have no issue.

It is very frustrating.

I had the same problem. Deleting the Global app, rebooting the iPad and signing in again corrected the problem.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Thanks for the suggestion. However, as I mentioned before...

jkcadee
Grasshopper

Thanks for the suggestion. However, as I mentioned before, I tried what you have suggested many times before my first post and not working. To make the matter worse, it is not only affecting Global TV app. It is both Global TV website as well as Global app. So the problem may have something to do with how Global system interprets the data sent by Shaw account.

Jump to solution

Apologies for the inconvenience, our teams have identifie...

shaw-valerie

@jkcadee Apologies for the inconvenience, our teams have identified an issue with some accounts that is preventing authentication with the Global site and app and are working to get that resolved, but I unfortunately do not have an ETA on resolution for that. In the meantime, Global allows access to the past 7 days of content through their site without having to log in, and further content is available on demand through your cable box and online via the BlueCurve TV site

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

I have this same issue. I can't sign in to any thing othe...

TW47
Grasshopper

I have this same issue. I can't sign in to any thing other than "My Shaw" since switching to blue curve about 2 weeks ago. No Global tv on computer or phone, no CTV, No A&E, etc. I have to wonder if this is a more serious issue than Shaw is letting on or if anyone is actually working on the problem. Two weeks seems like an unusual amount of time for an issue such as this to remain unresolved. I finally managed to use online chat after a 3 hour wait only to discover the tech didn't have a clue about this problem until after about a half hour "working on the problem" suddenly told me this was a nation wide issue and they were working on it. Complete waste of my time. I could find nothing obvious about this problem on the shaw web site until I stumbled across this topic in the community. Very disappointed with the service and extremely long wait times to get tech support on the phone or via chat. Shaw really needs vast improvement in this area. I have better things to do than sit on the phone for hours or waste time waiting for a call back or a connection to an agent in chat that may or may not happen sometime in the future. Fix this.

Jump to solution

I am very sorry for the experience and appreciate your pa...

shaw-tony

@TW47 I am very sorry for the experience and appreciate your patience while our engineering team works towards a resolution.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

I have a problem with the Global TV sign in for quite a w...

jkcadee
Grasshopper

@TW47 

I have a problem with the Global TV sign in for quite a while. A few weeks before my first post, I already talked to the Shaw technical support. They said there were some issues with Global (that's what they claim). They said they have reached out to them but no ETA. You know, their "no ETA" explanation is becoming frustrating. I can't sign in to Global for around 3 months but everything still quiet on all fronts. I don't know if anyone actually trying to resolve this. It just sounds very fishy.

Jump to solution

Its nice to know you are sorry, but I am still unable to...

TW47
Grasshopper

Its nice to know you are sorry, but I am still unable to log into any tv channel using my shaw id. I see some customers have been waiting for 3 month or more for this problem to be fixed. If things take this long to fix i think you should seriously consider hiring someone that knows what the heck they are doing. This is completely unacceptable and if it continues I will have to reconsider being a shaw customer as I am not getting what I am paying for. Shaw should reduce my monthly bill until this issue is resolved.

Jump to solution

Don’t believe Shaw support that they are working on it....

Sparkel
Grasshopper

Don’t believe Shaw support that they are working on it.  I had the same issue first with Crave and then Global Go app on all my apple devices.  The answer is to remove and re-add your TV service.  Suppport will balk but they can remove and re add the tv service. I kept repeating myself and asked for a supervisor and the agent finally did it.  Note:  it will take about 24 hours for things to authenticate across the Shaw systems.  It was the same solution for Crave, I am so happy to have the full global app back.

Jump to solution

Looks like it's been a couple months and this issue isn't...

Jf77
Grasshopper

Looks like it's been a couple months and this issue isn't fixed. I can not get global to authenticate on their app for either Apple TV or my iPad. This is frustrating to say the least. Crave works perfectly but nothing I do helps with global. 

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help