pixelling (is that even a word?) issue with all channels in Duncan, BC

kirby_f997
Grasshopper

Not sure if you received any comments/complaints, but every channel (in Duncan, BC) have been really choppy for the last few hours.  Is it just a weather issue, as it is really raining here
Either way...just thought I would say something, if it wasn't brought up already

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies

Re: pixelling (is that even a word?) issue with all channels in Duncan, BC

Not applicable

Channels briefly stalling too in North Van. Varies from channel to channel. Any word, Shaw, on what's going on or how long it will last?

0 Kudos

ltcampbell
Grasshopper

It is happening herr in Surrey BC as well. I found a link but cant find it again that this problem was reported on Dec 28 and today is Dec 29 and it is still happening. Being fixed?  VERY ANNOYING SHAW!  Are you planning on fixing it today or shouod we just plug in a USB ...?

0 Kudos

blairgolf
Grasshopper

Same problems in Saskatoon.  Big night of UFC fights on PPV and I sure hope they get their stuff fixed before the PPV or there's going to be a lot of people demanding a refund.  Maybe a big financial hit will motivate Shaw to actually investigate what it will take to provide a reliable and stable service?  Funny, they can't seem to provide stable and reliable service and equipment so they decide to get into the cell phone business.  Must be following Apple's business plan.

0 Kudos

Not applicable

Here's Shaw's service update:

Dec 29 – Pixelization/Black Screen (National) | Television - Outage [In Progress] 

Dec 29 – Pixelization/Black Screen (National) | Television - Outage [In Progress]

Document created by shaw-brayden on 29-Dec-2018Last modified by shaw-steph on 29-Dec-2018

Version 3
  • Comment0
  • View in full screen mode

Fix In Progress

Please be aware that we are experiencing pixelization/black screen issues on various channels at this time. We are working to resolve this issue as soon as possible, and apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

0 Kudos

shtoobs
Grasshopper

The picture in Squamish is pixilated and blacking out over and over on both TV's, so it's obviously a Shaw problem...when are you going to fix this...I can barely stand to watch TV, it's so annoying. This better get fixed soon, or I'm going to freak out!!!!

0 Kudos

blairgolf
Grasshopper

I figured that since I was quite critical of Shaw I owe them a big pat on the back and a WELL DONE message.  They appear to have resolved the drop outs, pixilating, etc in time for the UFC preliminaries which means the PPV should be good to watch, too.  Thank you Shaw for saving the night of watching fights with the boys!

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help