Scheduled Recordings Being Skipped

matth33
Grasshopper

I have set up a scheduled recording for a TV show as follows: New episodes only, CICTHD Only, Until space is needed, All episodes, On time, On time. My storage space is around 50%. It airs on Tuesdays. Last night, I went to my scheduled recordings list, and it wasn't set to record today on the 5th, but it was set to record on the 12th. I had to manually record the new episode on that channel for today. This happens randomly with multiple TV shows set up as scheduled recordings. What's going on?

28 Replies

Re: Scheduled Recordings Being Skipped

shaw-tamara

Hey  

That's definitely weird! Just curious, when you check the info for the episode, does it say that it is new? I'm wondering if it might be a guide error that is causing this. 

0 Kudos

matth33
Grasshopper

Hi Tamara,

Unfortunately, I don't think I'm able to check the guide for yesterday's episode that wasn't scheduled to be recorded. I believe it did say new, but I will double-check next time this happens and report back to be certain.

Assuming for now that it said new, what else might be causing this? Could it be from us unplugging the power cable from the wall for the cable box every night, and plugging it back in every morning? None of our shows are scheduled to be recorded while it's unplugged.

0 Kudos

shaw-tony

matth33 unplugging the equipment may certainly cause some issues with the software scheduling a recording. I'd recommend leaving it plugged in for several days (including overnight) and test to see if it still randomly misses recordings. Keep us posted on how it goes!!

0 Kudos

Not applicable

Did you ever sort this. I have the same issue

Thanks

0 Kudos

shaw-tamara

Hey  

Are you having trouble with specific shows or is it affecting all of your recordings? 

0 Kudos

Not applicable

Nope it just happens randomly. Shaw support reboot boxes and said that's all he can do for now. He could see that it said recording was cancelled but could not explain why. I have 3 bluesky boxes and 1 portal. He said report back if it happens again. I really don't record much, but when we do and it misses, It is kinda annoying.  My last gateway system worked flawlessly. 

0 Kudos

Now I am having the same thing except even worse.  All of...

Rundershute
Grasshopper

Now I am having the same thing except even worse.  All of my scheduled recordings are deleted.  I didn’t power down and i have to reset my box weekly as it has never worked well.  But i have never lost scheduled recordings.  There is nothing in my schedule or series.

Are you able to schedule new one-time or series recording...

shaw-valerie

@Rundershute Are you able to schedule new one-time or series recordings now, or do you receive an error when doing so? What model of cable box are you using?

0 Kudos

I am also having this problem. I only record "NEW" shows....

Lightrain
Grasshopper

I am also having this problem. I only record "NEW" shows. Shows that are new show up in PVR to be recorded, they also show in Guide that it is scheduled to be recorded. But sometime later, the recording has be unscheduled even though the show was listed as NEW or it wouldn't have been scheduled in the place. This happens once in a while randomly. 

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help