Shaw gateway XG1-A and LG smart remote

Microfiche62
Grasshopper

Just bought my 80 year old mother a 55" Nanocell LG TV.

She has an XG1-A Shaw gateway HDPVR that she would like to control with the LG Magic Remote - it seems that accessing and managing PVRed material is the most difficult. 

I unplugged from Shaw TV years ago and have not had a Shaw PVR since then, so I have limited useful experience to help her get set up.

Does anyone have this configuration and can offer suggestions? She could of course just use 2 remotes, but she would prefer to just use one - the LG one. The option of hitting the three dots button to bring up the "virtual" Shaw remote is just too clunky to be very useful for PVR, she says.

Labels (1)
4 Replies

I would program the BlueCurve remote to the LG TV, she co...

rstra
Grand Master

I would program the BlueCurve remote to the LG TV, she could then use voice control to open recordings, change channels etc. 

To program the LG remote to the BlueCurve, you would need to refer to the documentation for the remote. If it doesn’t have codes for BlueCurve, see if there is one for Xfinity.

Thanks   - I don't know if she has "BlueCurve" - not 100%...

Microfiche62
Grasshopper

Thanks @rstra  - I don't know if she has "BlueCurve" - not 100% sure what that is 😂

She has the basic remote (below) and the XG1-A Shaw gateway HDPVR

I am not sure that has voice commands?

She wants to ensure she has a button for Netflix and she also needs to access the Plex app and YouTube on the LG TV, so that is why I thought using the LG remote might be easier. The LG remote does have some voice commands.

remote.jpg

0 Kudos

Oops, so sorry about that, yes definitely not a BlueCurve...

rstra
Grand Master

@Microfiche62 Oops, so sorry about that, yes definitely not a BlueCurve. I will blame Shaw for using model numbers that are too close (XG1v3 or XG1v4 for BC boxes) 🤪

0 Kudos

Groover_64
Grasshopper
  •  
0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help