Television Coverage Outside of Canada

brian1951
Grasshopper

I am traveling to Maui.  During that time I would like to watch the Canadian Football League playoffs live.  Can the Blue Curve app pickup Canadian stations live outside of Canada?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies

Hi  , the short answer is no.  Due to license agreements,...

g-idk
Master

Hi @brian1951 , the short answer is no.  Due to license agreements, etc. you can not watch tv on the Blue curve app outside of Canada.  However there may be a way around this with a VPN and selecting a Canadian server from their selection.  Just a head's up though, some people on here have said that the VPN does not work for Shaw BlueCurve App, and others it works.  All you can do is try I guess. Hope this helps you.  

0 Kudos

-- what is your accommodation in Maui? One friend has Sha...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@brian1951 -- what is your accommodation in Maui? One friend has Shaw TV in his suburban home, and has a discounted rate for Shaw Direct (satellite dish) at his summer cabin on Sproat Lake (Vancouver Island).  So, if you can physically move the Shaw Direct hardware to Maui, and correctly aim the satellite dish, it seems possible to receive the broadcasts. Legal? I do not know.

On "Seinfield", Cosmo Kramer once mentioned that he prefers to watch CFL games, while living in New York City.  So, what TV channels are available in Maui?

0 Kudos

Would the dish qualify as carry on, or would they have to...

rstra
Grand Master

Would the dish qualify as carry on, or would they have to check it? 

😂😂😂

, lol, I was thinking the same thing.

g-idk
Master

@rstra , lol, I was thinking the same thing. 

-- would they have to check it?  Given my experience in J...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@rstra -- would they have to check it? 

Given my experience in June 2022 with delayed baggage while flying to/from Europe, if it is checked, you may not see it at your destination for up to 8 days.  Hopefully, your vacation is longer than that, and you can handle the "cold-turkey" of not being able to watch "live" Canadian TV while on vacation. Can you record the episodes of your favourite shows, and binge-watch after you return? Also, check with your airline for the fees for each piece of checked baggage -- ouch!  And, check the allowable maximum dimensions for any "carry-on" item.

0 Kudos

The CFL playoffs will be live on ESPN2 in the U.S.  So yo...

vumax
Grasshopper

The CFL playoffs will be live on ESPN2 in the U.S.  So you should be able to watch them in most hotels or bars.

Thank you for all of your suggestions.  A bar with ESPN2...

brian1951
Grasshopper

Thank you for all of your suggestions.  A bar with ESPN2 sounds the simplest.

TALK TO US
We're here to help