Citytv commercials

wynford
Grasshopper

What's with CityTV, in Winnipeg at least, airing a furniture store commercial in French, audio and video? I have no idea which furniture store it is or what the female voice is saying.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

That would be a question for CityTV.

rstra
Grand Master

@wynford That would be a question for CityTV.

0 Kudos

That's what I thought, but I figured I'd try here. I have...

wynford
Grasshopper

That's what I thought, but I figured I'd try here.

I have emailed CityTV about other things before, and never got a response.

0 Kudos

sounds to me like you've got secondary audio channel on (...

CognitiveFeline
Grasshopper

sounds to me like you've got secondary audio channel on (SAP), sometimes it's described audio, sometimes French, in the US it's commonly Spanish language, not all channels use it... on your remote try hitting the letter (D) and see if it says "described audio on/off depending on the box and settings might here a woman softly say "described audio is on(or off)" The D is mapped to quick toggle it on off, I've had dozens of clients inadvertently hit it and just assumed the tv got Dummer (or tv actors weren't acting enough requiring the described actions as things went described, but different channels use it differently with many not using it at all, could be Citytv switching back and forth from feed local to US or different region depending how they broadcast why you're only seeing it seemingly switcing to french or you don't watch enough channels to notice it, when SAP isn't avail it simply outputs what is but will revert to it when the broadcaster's/channel feeds it. just a thought and worth a look

CF

Described audio is off and it is a French commercial beca...

wynford
Grasshopper

Described audio is off and it is a French commercial because the text for the furniture store is in French

0 Kudos

-- Canada has 2 official languages: English & French. If...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@wynford -- Canada has 2 official languages: English & French. If an advertiser creates a commercial in French, they are targeting the French-speaking TV watchers in your area.

You are not forced to watch the commercial. Take a pee-break. Switch to the Jets & Blue Bombers channel. Walk your dog. See if your partner has moved-out, because you have spent more time with the TV, than 1-to-1 time with your partner. Go "plank" yourself.

C'est simplement !

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help