Going on holidays? There is no need to cancel your Shaw services. You can temporarily suspend your Shaw Internet, TV, or Home Phone services for a minimum of 30 days provided that you give us instructions to reconnect on a date that is within 180 days from the date on which you request the suspension.
Note: For details on how to suspend your Shaw Mobile service, click here.
Vacation Suspension Eligibility
In order to be eligible for Vacation Suspension you will need to meet all of the following criteria:
- Shaw account must be in good standing;
- Minimum suspension time: 30 days;
- Maximum suspension time: 180 days in that calendar year; and
- Equipment rental fees may apply for the duration of the suspension.
- Rental equipment must be kept.
If you have met all of the eligibility requirements above you can contact a Shaw representative to arrange a Vacation Suspension for your services. Contact Us
Consider before contact
There may be a few things to think about before contacting us to request a pause of your services.
Monthly Charges and Optional Fees
- Vacation Suspension for Internet services is available for $10 a month.
- Vacation Suspension for TV and Phone is available at no cost.
- Voicemail can be kept active for the duration of your Phone service suspension for a small fee.
Shaw Email and Voicemail
- Your Shaw Email remains active as part of Vacation Suspension for Internet.
- Your Shaw Go WiFi remains active for 10 devices as part of Vacation Suspension for Internet.
- Please Contact Us for more details.
- If you are currently signed up for a 2-year ValuePlan, the ValuePlan term continues during Vacation Suspension.
- If your ValuePlan term expires during Vacation Suspension, your services will resume on a month-to-month basis at the market price at the time.
Promotions and Legacy Plans
- Promotion and discount end dates remain unchanged, and applicable promotions are removed while on Vacation Suspension, including bundled promotions.
- Promotions and discounts will be re-activated when services are resumed if they have not expired during Vacation Suspension.
Please be aware that some equipment may not be free, and if you are paying a rental fee for the equipment it may continue to be charged while your account is suspended. Make sure to check with your Shaw representative when you contact us to request the Vacation Suspension. Rental equipment should not be returned during this period.
If you have a home security system, or monitoring system, or Home Automation, it will usually run on the Internet or Phone and may require a certain speed or bandwidth. You may need to ensure that you do not put the service(s) that supports them on a Vacation Suspension. If you wish to keep these security systems running while you are away.
Moving? Learn how you can take your Shaw services with you and avoid a disruption in your Internet, TV, or Home Phone service.
When you request a Vacation Suspension your account will resume automatically on the final day. Your services will resume with the same packaging as when the suspension was initiated.
If you need to reconnect early, or push the date out, you can chat with us and we can adjust the date of your re-connection for you. Please take into consideration that the new re-connection date must still adhere to the original minimum of 30 days and maximum of 180 days in a calendar year.
Did You Know?
The Shaw Email Transfer program allows you to copy your saved emails and contacts from your current email address to your Shaw Webmail account.