The ShawPasspoint SSID allows for easier registration to Shaw Go WiFi on your Apple device. It allows you to register for Shaw Go WiFi from any location with an Internet connection, without having to be physically near a hotspot.
Did You Know?
SSID (Server Set Identifier) is also referred to as a network name because it is the name that identifies a wireless (WiFi) network. When you set up your WiFi network, the SSID is the name that you give your network.
Learn More: How to Change the SSID
What is ShawPasspoint?
ShawPasspoint is an improved method for connecting Apple devices to Shaw Go WiFi hotspots as part of the Wi-Fi Alliance Hotspot 2.0 Specification. ShawPasspoint makes registering and connecting to Shaw Go WiFi easier than ever when using a supported device. See Frequently Asked Questions for more information and troubleshooting tips.
- Simplified sign-up experience.
- Use the Get Started page at Shaw.ca to register for Shaw Go WiFi without physically visiting a hotspot. The Safari web browser must be used to complete registration.
- Automatic connection to both Shaw Go WiFi networks. The ShawOpen and ShawPasspoint SSIDs will run alongside each other once you're registered.
- All Apple devices using iOS 8 or later are supported:
- iPhone 5 or newer
- iPad 3rd generation or newer
- iPad Air
- iPad Mini 2nd generation or newer