Before you start
The only way to change a Shaw email password is by logging into My Shaw using a primary Shaw ID. My Shaw is the self-serve customer portal where you can manage your Shaw services, including all of the email addresses connected to your Shaw account.
Keep in mind the passwords for your Shaw Webmail and Shaw ID may be different depending on how you set them up, even if you used a Shaw email for your Shaw ID, as Shaw Webmail & My Shaw are separate services.
- If you don't have a Shaw ID, the primary Shaw account owner can create one by following the steps in the article How To: Create a Shaw ID.
- If you have a Shaw ID but don't know the password, you can reset your Shaw ID password.
- Clicking forgot password on the My Shaw portal login screen will lead to changing your Shaw ID password, not your Shaw email password.
Secondary Shaw IDs (belonging to others in the household) cannot be used to manage Shaw Webmail passwords. When you have your primary Shaw ID and password, continue with the steps below.
Changing your password
To change your password, the first step is to log in to My Shaw. You can do this using the My Shaw app (Apple App Store | Google Play Store) or the My Shaw website (my.shaw.ca).
Using the My Shaw app:
- Log in to the My Shaw app using your Shaw ID and password.
- Tap the menu icon.
- on Apple devices, the … symbol in the bottom right corner.
- on Android devices, the ☰ in the top left corner.
- Tap Shaw Email Accounts.
- Tap the email address you want to update.
- Tap Change Password.
- Enter a new password.
- Tap Save.
On the My Shaw website:
If you use the website at a smaller screen or window size, menu options may be hidden. Click the ☰ symbol in the top left corner of the screen to find and select them.
- Go to my.shaw.ca. Log in to My Shaw using your Shaw ID and password.
- Hover over My Services at the top of the page, and click Internet.
- Scroll down to Email Accounts and click Edit next to your email address.
- Enter a new password in the New email password field.
- Click Update.
If you need help, the primary Shaw account holder can get password assistance by speaking to a customer service agent at shaw.ca/chat, using the My Shaw app, or by calling 1-888-472-2222.
Tips for strong passwords
To keep your Shaw accounts secure, it’s important to choose a password that is hard for someone to guess, but simple enough for you to remember. For tips, read: How To: Choose a strong password for your Shaw accounts.
It’s a recommended security practice to use a different password for your Shaw ID and Shaw email address.
How to find your existing Shaw email password
You cannot find your Shaw email password in plain text. If you have lost your password you will have to use My Shaw to change it to something new.
Existing email addresses can be found in My Shaw in the My Services tab at the top of the web page, or under Shaw Email Accounts in the app.
If you are unable to access your email, even with a new password, it's possible that there's an issue with your Shaw account. Accounts can be locked out if they have been flagged for sending spam emails (even if you personally did not).
To find out if your account has been flagged, speak to a customer service agent at shaw.ca/chat, using the My Shaw app, or by calling 1-888-472-2222.
If you reach out to an agent via chat or phone, note that they cannot create a new password for you, but will walk you through the process of setting a new password. Once you set the new password, your email account password is now updated. You may now log into your email account using this password.