Error messages can appear when you are trying to access Shaw On Demand content. The errors can be triggered by issues with signals, cables, service availability, and issues with your account.
If you have more than one TV box in your home, check to see if they are all affected by the same issue. If they are all affected — or you have just one box and no access — contact Shaw technical support for assistance. If you are able to view channel 999, jot down the number displayed in the bottom right-hand side of your screen and share this number with the support representative, if asked.
Reseat the cable
Reseating adjusts how the coaxial cable is connected to the device and wall outlet.
- Detach the power cable from your cable box.
- Unscrew the coaxial cable connection from the back of the TV box.
- Unscrew the coaxial cable from the cable wall outlet (or splitter).
- Reattach the coaxial cable to the cable box and the cable wall outlet (or splitter), ensuring they are finger-tight.
- Reattach the power cable to your TV box.
If reseating the cable didn't solve your issue, read the Shaw TV Troubleshooting FAQ.
Error Codes: 33330, 33319, 33344, 33405, 33419 or 33629
Follow these steps to troubleshoot the following error codes: 33330, 33319, 33344, 33405, 33419, or 33629.
- Power off the TV box.
- Detach the power cable from the back of the unit, and from the wall outlet or power bar.
- Wait 30 seconds and then reconnect the power cable to the unit and the power source.
- Wait up to 2 minutes for the cable box to reboot.
- Power on your TV box.
- Wait approximately 10-15 minutes for the Interactive Guide (including Shaw On Demand) to be restored
- Press the ON DEMAND button
If you still receive an error code, please contact Shaw technical support.
Error Codes: 16522, 16525, 16528, 16527 or 22487
If you encounter error codes 16522, 16525, 16528, 16527 or 22487 it means that we are currently doing maintenance in your area. Check the Service Updates & Outages page. If you are impacted by an outage, please wait and try to access Shaw On Demand again later. (In some cases maintenance outages could last a couple of hours).
Error Codes: 13402, 22474, 22002, 22484, or 7007
Error codes 13402, 22474, 22002, 22484, or 7007 indicate an account-related issue. Sign in to My Shaw and check that your bill and account are up-to-date. Read How To: Manage my Shaw bill to learn how. If you don't find any issues with your account, please contact Shaw technical support.
Error Code: 1004
Error Code 1004 occurs when your TV box is attempting to stream MPEG4 High Definition (HD) content in an area that is not yet MPEG4 compatible. This issue typically occurs when you have ordered HD content through the online store (found at vod.shaw.ca) for streaming through your TV box, stopped the content, and then attempted to resume it at a later time. The content you are trying to play is either not supported in your area or not playable on your TV box.