Popup blockers are handy for interruption-free browsing, but they can unintentionally prevent Shaw Webmail's composition window from opening. This happens rarely but is possible whenever a popup blocker is running.
If you are unable to launch a new email window:
- Disable any built-in Pop-Up Blockers in the browser, then try again.
- Disable any third-party popup blockers installed on your browser, then try again.
- Check your popup blocker's settings for the ability to disable popups while on webmail.shaw.ca.
- Hold the CTRL button (Command on a Mac) while clicking New, to bypass the blocker.
How to recover emails
When you delete an email, it goes into your Trash folder and won't be permanently deleted for 7 days. Until those 7 days are up, you can recover any email you've deleted by mistake. For additional details on how to recover your email, please see:
How To: Recover deleted emails in Webmail
Webmail Loading Issues
If you can't load Shaw Webmail in your browser:
- Check to see if you're connected to the Internet.
- If you can load other pages and streaming services, you might just need to clear your browser cache.
- If still cannot load your Shaw Webmail in your browser, you can troubleshoot your Web browser using the resources found here: How To: Troubleshoot your Web browser
View email headers
Email headers, usually hidden from view at the top of an email in your email app, contain routing information like the sender, recipient, date, and subject. To view this information in Shaw Webmail:
- Open your Inbox.
- Right-click on any email and select Show Original.
Did you know? Viewing your email headers can help diagnose the source of the email. Some senders use spoofing to disguise their email address. By checking the header information, you can find out if the email address is different than it appears.
If you have recently set up your Shaw Webmail or created a new email address, you can import and export your contacts, calendars and account information to and from Shaw Webmail. While exporting, be careful to select the correct Destination email app.
To import and export information from Shw Webmail, you will need to:
- Go to https://webmail.shaw.ca
- Log in to Webmail with your username and password.
- Click Preferences in the toolbar at the top of your Inbox and select the Import/Export option.
For additional details please see:
How To: Import / Export contacts, calendars, and accounts in Shaw Webmail