Thanks for fix. Worked great. Shaw needs to train tech st...

Tyrant
Grasshopper

Thanks for fix. Worked great. Shaw needs to train tech staff on this. A customer shouldn’t have to figure it out. Poor support. 

0 Kudos

I am having the same issue with my iPhone 13 pro max and...

Cpat
Grasshopper

I am having the same issue with my iPhone 13 pro max and have called Shaw several times and their FOB techs have no answers. The profile just does not open to be able to log into passpoint.even after selecting the passpoint wifi and entering the user name and password nothing happens. 

can’t find any thread to resolve this issue. 

0 Kudos

What was the fix can you share as the techs have no clue.

Cpat
Grasshopper

What was the fix can you share as the techs have no clue. 

0 Kudos

I haven’t been able to get Passpoint to work for a few mo...

rstra
Grand Master

@Cpat 

I haven’t been able to get Passpoint to work for a few months, and have just been using ShawOpen. I did re-install the profile and will test it again next time I am near an access point.

0 Kudos

The issue with Shaw open is that it is not secure   Not s...

Cpat
Grasshopper

The issue with Shaw open is that it is not secure   Not sure why Shaw can’t figure this out. If you are with Telus their secure hot spots work seamlessly. 

with the impending take over from Rogers Shaw seems to be totally tuned out. 

@shaw shame on you for letting your customers down 

0 Kudos

How did you reinstall the profile. I can’t seem to get to...

Cpat
Grasshopper

How did you reinstall the profile. I can’t seem to get to any screen where it says “allow” to install the profile. Do share the steps or screen shot if you can 

0 Kudos

Just followed instructions here.  https://www.shaw.ca/int...

rstra
Grand Master

@Cpat 

Just followed instructions here. 

https://www.shaw.ca/internet/wifi/get-started

I think you need to use Safari. 

0 Kudos

Ok I think I figured out the problem I was having. When I...

rstra
Grand Master

@Cpat 

Ok I think I figured out the problem I was having. When I followed my instructions and installed the certificate at home it seemed to configure my phone for Freedom Mobile. I went to a hotspot and tried to login, but was denied. I removed the certificate and then re-installed it from the hotspot, works fine now and say Shaw Communications. 

Thanks for your response. The issue is that when I downlo...

Cpat
Grasshopper

Thanks for your response. The issue is that when I download the profile from a hotspot, nothing happens - it does not open anything at all. That is where I am stuck. 

0 Kudos

I deleted myself from Shaw Open, tried to reconnect to Sh...

rstra
Grand Master

@Cpat 

I deleted myself from Shaw Open, tried to reconnect to Shaw Open, got a login page, logged in with My Shaw username and password. Followed the prompts and was asked if I want to download a profile, went in to settings, installed the profile and then my phone connected automatically to Passpoint. 

TALK TO US
We're here to help