The lobby camera inserts a signal along side Shaw’s signa...

rstra
Grand Master

@mdk The lobby camera inserts a signal along side Shaw’s signal on a frequency that matches Shaw’s digital channel 394, this is not the same frequency as the the over-the-air TV equivalent of that channel. If it is an analog modulator, this will work on analog channel 117 (I think that is the old channel). 

The reason he was able to view the camera before was because he had a cable box that worked with the camera. Both versions of XG1 boxes and the Xi6 do not support the camera. 

I can’t try it because I don’t live in an apartment that has the camera. 

0 Kudos

I have the coaxial cable into the TV directly. And have s...

The_seascape
Grasshopper

I have the coaxial cable into the TV directly. And have switched to antenna/cable on antenna I get zip. On cable I can pick up the channels that are still being broadcasted for free, but no camera. And my cheap Vizio TV, doesn't get channel 398, which is what the cable box channel was for the camera. 

0 Kudos

Ya it wouldn’t be on 398 because that is the digital equi...

rstra
Grand Master

@The_seascape Ya it wouldn’t be on 398 because that is the digital equivalent for the cable box. If you don’t see it on one of the lower channel (like I mentioned, I thought it was around 117), your building likely has the camera connected to a digital modulator.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help