2 Step Verification failure

WantSupprtEmail
Grasshopper

If someone in the community could forward this request to the Rogers web developer responsible for the 2 Step Verification Screen I (as well as others) would appreciate it. The login verification step requires that six digits are entered into a popup dialogue box. The UI designer responsible for this element did an absolutely terrible job of the design. There is no reason to use a perimeter line of #e5ebee on a #ffffff background. This is essentially "white on white". Why would anybody do this? If the popup element does not reveal to the user that there are six "places" (ie empty rectangles) whereby the six digits are to be typed, the element looks like it is still loading or incomplete. As a result the user just sits there waiting for the element to load so that the digits can be entered. This is Apple-grade stupidity. A blank white screen may be appealing to Apple users but the rest of us would prefer to see a UI that is sensible. Please fix this.terrible_UI_design-RogersShaw.png

0 Kudos
4 Replies

Hi  , I can see the six boxes fine, never noticed that be...

g-idk
Master

Hi @WantSupprtEmail , I can see the six boxes fine, never noticed that before.  However I will agree that it would be more easier to see if they had made the outlining of the boxes a more darker blue, now that you have brought it to my attention.  Don't know if this would help or not but maybe send your request through the My Voice link Contact Resolution - Customer Feedback | Rogers Together With Shaw .  Well good luck on your mission, sorry I don't know anyone personally that works for Rogers/Shaw.

0 Kudos

wrote: a more darker blue Sorry, but "blue" was predomina...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@g-idk wrote: a more darker blue

Sorry, but "blue" was predominant only on the pre-Rogers Shaw web-pages.

Now, everything (Roger store-front colours, monthly invoices) features "Rogers red", as the Rogers web-services and accounting teams "touch" every Shaw-written web-page.  

🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 

0 Kudos

Hi  , well sorry, but I can clearly see that the boxes ar...

g-idk
Master

Hi @mdk , well sorry, but I can clearly see that the boxes are indeed a very blue border, and yes almost everything has been turned to red but there are still a few things that are still in the Shaw blue (ie. blue chat button clearly visible on this page) so that is why I said maybe a darker blue would help but if they would go with a red border that would be awesome as well.  

-- quite a thoughtful & serious reply to my tongue-in-che...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@g-idk -- quite a thoughtful & serious reply to my tongue-in-cheek comment about "red" versus "blue" corporate wars.

For "green" fun, read:

https://canucksarmy.com/news/inside-green-mens-epic-return-rogers-arena-whats-next-canucks

Not as quite as rare as a Ogopogo sighting.  🙂