You could get internet 300 and total TV for $175 plus tax.

rstra
Grand Master

You could get internet 300 and total TV for $175 plus tax. 

0 Kudos

Like I said ... my friend is paying $155 for internet 300...

upsetuser
Grasshopper

Like I said ... my friend is paying $155 for internet 300, total TV AND home phone!!

I am paying $143 for internet 75 and medium tv and home phone. If Shaw said $150 or $155 to keep what I have for 2 more years, I’d be fine with that. But $174 (21% more) is crazy!! 
Why not offer me what my friend has without going through two CSR’s, then their supervisor, then retention etc.

Shaw obviously has no respect for their loyal customers.

0 Kudos

Missed the part about phone, keep forgetting that it is s...

rstra
Grand Master

Missed the part about phone, keep forgetting that it is still a thing. 😀

0 Kudos

Same happened to me,2 year plan done next month,  no emai...

Roger10
Grasshopper

Same happened to me,2 year plan done next month,  no email a few months ago to remind me it was ending, so I shopped  around. I'm switching after almost 25 years as well. 

0 Kudos

-- Shaw telephoned me in February 2021, saying my two-yea...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Roger10 -- Shaw telephoned me in February 2021, saying my two-year Value Plan would expire in early June 2021, and would I like to renew. I did. My new plan is $8 more per month -- which is about 4% more than the price I got in June 2019.

What other services have gone up less than 4% between June 2019 and June 2021? Gasoline? City taxes? Nope.

Shaw even discounted the new plan to the old price, for Feb/Mar/Apr/May 2021.  So, the increase did not kick-in until June.

You did well, they offered me a 2year contract a slight i...

Roger10
Grasshopper

You did well, they offered me a 2year contract a slight increase, the point which I may have omitted the competition gave me a 2year plan for 21% cheaper. Call it stealing customers or whatever, it will save me 500.00 over the year contract. I didn't even mentioned the rude representative  from Shaw based n Winnipeg ( I'm in Calgary) when I said I was leaving. There is an old saying " if you hate it so much leave"....once again congratulations to you.

0 Kudos

Novemember 1st, shaw finally introducing another rate ncr...

cpmrich36
Grasshopper

Novemember 1st, shaw finally introducing another rate ncrease on their base services.  They haven't raised them for the last two years or so.  

0 Kudos

GregVM21
Shaw Squad

0 Kudos

The pricing structure in general is an example of capital...

wishusknight
Grasshopper

The pricing structure in general is an example of capitalism at work. People cried for the regulators to be more hands off, and this is what they got. 

0 Kudos