Bill increasing

Gisele85
Grasshopper

Why are my monthly fees going up and my service is going down. 
Why was I not informed of the monthly increase. 

6 Replies

Are you on a value plan or are you month to month? Either...

rstra
Grand Master

Are you on a value plan or are you month to month? Either way you would have been notified by email if your value plan was expiring or an invoice message if there was a price increase. Your services being downgraded without your authorization is unusual, probably best to call or chat in to Shaw.

0 Kudos

I’m on a value plan.  It’s frustrating the price went up...

Gisele85
Grasshopper

I’m on a value plan. 
It’s frustrating the price went up but the quality went down. 

0 Kudos

-- why was I not informed of the monthly increase? Logon...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Gisele85 -- why was I not informed of the monthly increase?

Logon to the My Shaw Portal, and review your monthly bill. Shaw announces each price change on it. Also, check "transactions" on that web-site. You can look back 24 months, to see what the change was, and when it became effective.

Also, note that a Value Plan guarantees no price increases on "basic" services, namely TV and Internet, but not on Shaw Phone.

What service is going down? Slower Internet? Fewer TV channels?

0 Kudos

yes my bill has gone up last month and next month is $302

umesh55
Grasshopper

yes my bill has gone up last month and next month is $302 

0 Kudos

If the price is not corrected i will be switching to Telus

umesh55
Grasshopper

If the price is not corrected i will be switching to Telus 

0 Kudos

-- welcome to this peer-to-peer discussion forum, where v...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@umesh55 -- welcome to this peer-to-peer discussion forum, where volunteers try to help.

Any issues about your monthly invoice must be discussed with Shaw/Rogers: 1-888-472-2222.

Note that if you signed a two-year Value Plan contract, there is a cancellation fee of $30/month for each of the remaining months of your contract -- cheaper than paying your current amount.  So, threatening to switch to Telus could be expensive.

Can you list your monthly charges (visible on each month's invoice) into this forum, since what you are paying seems high?

0 Kudos